Time Between Races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Time Between Races

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 weeks ago I'm going to answer your question with: it depends. How hard are the races you are entering the horse in? If your races are Pegasus/Saudi Cup/World Cup, for example, at some point your horse is going to need longer than two weeks between races, because the horse has been asked for maximum effort multiple times. If the horse has an easier spot/effort along the way, it is easier to keep to an every two week schedule
That is a very insightful answer, thank you!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Time Between Races

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was under the impression that the vet will just tell you your horse is fit to race...as in...will not get injured.

I didn't think that the vet was saying that the horse could still have some tiredness from racing, or a heavy racing/shipping schedule...so that the tiredness we weren't told about could be the difference between a horse winning a race or coming in 2nd or 3rd...or worse.

Not sure when/where/why I got that impression, but I seem to feel that it was during some conversation with The Steward in chat... many years ago.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000