Clark Hoss Under Investigation

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Clark Hoss Under Investigation

Post by John Smith »

Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Clark Hoss Under Investigation

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Don't be talking about my boy Hoss now
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

:roll: :lol:
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 3 weeks ago Don't be talking about my boy Hoss now
Think that dude got some bad mushrooms!

I have suggested this before - happy to GP more accurate assessments... maybe even like in auctions, have "my team" check the horse out, for things like heart, pacing, soundness, weather preference..etc etc... just as long as it is accurate, it would be of value...this free gov't cheese, I aint so sure about!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

John, are you forgetting to see the beauty all around you? Lol!!!

What I’ve noticed, with the exception of equipment (that can really tank a race result 😂) is that the ratings and info we get are mostly “close finish” factors. Heart supposedly only really helps/hurts in a close call finish, same with jockey rating. I think track condition falls into that category too.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 3 weeks ago John, are you forgetting to see the beauty all around you? Lol!!!

What I’ve noticed, with the exception of equipment (that can really tank a race result 😂) is that the ratings and info we get are mostly “close finish” factors. Heart supposedly only really helps/hurts in a close call finish, same with jockey rating. I think track condition falls into that category too.
Yes..equipment!! EQUIPMENT!!!

And in the intro/faqs, they are downplayed - don't worry too much about equipment, just worry about surface and distance...which, granted are greater factors, but equip is..kryptonie (not the horse), my kryptonite...truly, if they arent big factors maybe they should be abandoned...

I actually believe a lot in jockeys IRL and in the sim...think I have seen it matter more than just finish, but who knows...would be cooler if there were certain traits jockeys excelled at - Those who like speed horses, get them out of gate, like edwin maldanado, versus a closer type, Mike smith or all around Joel Rosario type..Id pay GPs for that info on jocks as well... if it mattered, which it should, because they do...especially on turf, IRL anyways.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I spken about this once before lol

If you truly get to know the man Clark Hoss, you will find he is one of a kind. He may even throw you a tip on on a few good betting races, like he did me.... Oaks/Derby 7mil hit

Love that man!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

I wonder if a horse who likes mud can have a different "bonus" number for running on the opposite. For example, The Moment I Knew has ran her highest SF yet by +3 on yielding when she loves mud.

So like horse 1 gets a default bonus of +2 on mud,
horse 2 gets a negative of -2 because they had mud, etc

That being said..what does the weather "gene" do for all weather horses? Nothing? Is there something to replace it?
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Abby Brooks wrote: 3 weeks ago I wonder if a horse who likes mud can have a different "bonus" number for running on the opposite. For example, The Moment I Knew has ran her highest SF yet by +3 on yielding when she loves mud.

So like horse 1 gets a default bonus of +2 on mud,
horse 2 gets a negative of -2 because they had mud, etc

That being said..what does the weather "gene" do for all weather horses? Nothing? Is there something to replace it?
To quote Lori Hamill ~\_()_/~ ... well this looks more like a paraphrased version!

Oh man... the horses career's I have run a muck...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Argh! Mudders! I have so many of them it’s ridiculous and of course they are my best gallopers. I am so sick of my quality horses loving mud. Every week I have to create mud races or ship them far away for a proper track condition.