Returning Player Intro

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mary Lukas
Two Year Old

Returning Player Intro

Post by Mary Lukas »

Hi! I wasn't entirely sure where to put this post, so it's going here. My name is Mary Lukas and I'm returning to the game after a very *very* long hiatus.I know some of you from FB, some I've met at SIM gatherings, and some of you I've known since before the SIM existed. And some from TBC (I was LightsOn). I started in Year 1 (25 years ago last month :o ) when I was in high school, took a break because of life and unstable internet (it was the 90s and dial-up), came back in Year 7, and then somewhere around Year 20 or so I drifted off due to life again (and probably a bit of burn out).

I've been back since January and I appreciate everyone who's reached out and given me help while I stumbled through relearning the game. I wasn't sure I was going to stick around again, but after a few months of getting addicted again - I'm not going anywhere! I still can't get over that I signed up 25 years ago at my mom's dining room table. Getting old feels weird.

Brief bio - I live in Lexington, KY with my husband and a lot of animals. I have two OTTBs, one of which is by one of my starter horses from Year 1 - Menifee. I went back to school to finish my degree last year and I'm finally finishing in three weeks. And I design sock knitting patterns.
Guess who’s back, back again.
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Re: Returning Player Intro

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

Welcome back! :D
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Welcome back.

I joined The Sim, in year 17 (2006)...actually found out about this game on TBC. I came into TBC with several other players, when we had to find a new home after our DRF handicapping game forum was shut down - maybe the names, Spurlock, Romo, and Kennedy ring a bell?

I've been playing this game non stop for 17 years now...there are times I sometimes think maybe I should take a break, but then I think...nope...if I do, I'll never catch back up and I worked hard to get my stable where it's at. I'm pretty proud of my turf routers, especially the filly/mares.

If you think you would like to breed some turf routers, let me know in the game's PM and I'll free lease you a few blue hen mares.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Mary Lukas
Two Year Old

Post by Mary Lukas »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 weeks ago Welcome back.

I joined The Sim, in year 17 (2006)...actually found out about this game on TBC. I came into TBC with several other players, when we had to find a new home after our DRF handicapping game forum was shut down - maybe the names, Spurlock, Romo, and Kennedy ring a bell?

I've been playing this game non stop for 17 years now...there are times I sometimes think maybe I should take a break, but then I think...nope...if I do, I'll never catch back up and I worked hard to get my stable where it's at. I'm pretty proud of my turf routers, especially the filly/mares.

If you think you would like to breed some turf routers, let me know in the game's PM and I'll free lease you a few blue hen mares.

Stormy
I remember you and those names from TBC! I remember you had a cat before that too in the early 2000s that you posted about all the time on TBC. I still talk to quite a few former members over on Facebook.

I don't recommend fully quitting. Maybe a break, but keep logging in so you don't lose your barn. I'm still finding my old spreadsheets in my files and then I spend another hour looking at what happened to the horses. It's heartbreaking, but I know I did it to myself. So yeah, don't quit, just take a break, but keep logging in, and don't break for too long!

I looked at your barn, you've done an amazing job! Thank you for the offer, I'm still deciding what direction I'm going to take, but I'll let you know!

Mary
Guess who’s back, back again.