AU has a new job

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

AU has a new job

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've mentioned my golden retriever before. His name is AU, (Au being the element name for gold) but sounds a little like Hey You...and for me that's an inside joke, as back in the 1970s, I had a dog named Hey You.

Anyway...I've also mentioned my grey tuxedo cat, Song. Song is around 14 years old now, and sadly she's having short dementia episodes. A few times a day now, for about 30 to 40 seconds per episode, she stops and wails out really Loud yowls -- not meows...but yowls that sounds almost like she's in pain. But she's just scared, lost, and probably feeling very alone because she never does this when I, AU, or Thump (my 3 legged cat) are within her line of sight.

Often, it takes me time to get to her, as I have sever back issues and upon standing, those first 2 or 3 steps are horribly painful, so I have to take it slow. No matter where I sit, AU Always lays down between me and the computer room door, or if in the living room, he's on the sofa next to my recliner, or he's on the floor in front of the recliner. If I'm in the kitchen, he's laying between the kitchen and living room. If I'm in the bathroom...he's at the door. I cannot go anywhere in the house without getting past him.

Song started this dementia stuff about 3 weeks ago. And, as I can't get to her as fast as I like, about 4 days ago, I started to tell AU to "Find Song" - he knows "find your baby'...stuffed animal. And I use the same tone...when I hear Song, and start to get up, as does AU, since I'm standing up.

Today, instead of waiting for me, and both of us 'finding Song' at the same time...I said "Find Song" and the light bulb clicked in his head and he took off before I got my 2nd step in. By the time I got out of the computer room down the short hall and around the corner into the living room...AU was in front of Song, sniffing her and she had stopped yowling!

And later in the day, Song went into the kitchen, had an episode and I didn't even have to tell AU to 'Find Song' he jumped up and went into the kitchen and was with her before I even got out of the computer room. Song, stopped being scared as soon as AU showed up. And I know AU knows he's being helpful. He just has this super proud look and tail wag. He was upset with the yowling before, but didn't know what he could do, and he too would look a bit confused. But now, he knows he has a job.

SONG

AU

---------
Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Re: AU has a new job

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

Such a good boy! Song is lucky to have you and her doggy brother.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Awwww good kids!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Precious babies 💞
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Such a good story. AU is a fantastically good boy!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED