TBS Auction - How Did Everyone Do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: TBS Auction - How Did Everyone Do?

Post by Jon Xett »

My stallions are all opened. No hoop jumping required. Jump right in.

The disappointment is all on this side of the table, 'for sure', for continuing to bring up my stallion (Exist) with the phrase "moving on" and chiming in with "jumping through hoops" both of which cast a negative light (again) in my direction. It is what it is. Drop it and move on. No need to ratio it all the time.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 weeks ago
Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago I'm not gonna cut stud fees since I don't have the time or interest to more tightly manage the boys
This is exactly it right here. I'm not going to worry about a stallion that's booked full because I don't have the time or interest to have to go through extra steps breeding them. This doesn't make me anti-anyone, I'm just choosing to play the game in a way that's more convenient and enjoyable for me. Disappointed to see Jon assume that this was about him and treat it as a personal attack, and just as disappointed to see a forum moderator fan the flames. I don't care if it's a stallion owned by Jon Xett, Xander Zone, Mr. Lord Rich or the Steward herself, my philosophy remains the same.
I'll get that remedied immediately, I have not actively acted as a forum moderator for the game in 10+ calendar years and did not even realize I still had the permissions to moderate anything except editing my own posts. Apparently I still do, thank you for pointing that out and I'll ask the Steward to promptly remedy that (though trees fall in forests make no noise, as do people with permissions they never use also do not create impact as a result of those permissions).

If it's helpful for people to not see me as a moderator on my account so my opinions can simply be my own without any historical or tacit endorsement by the game, please, by all means let's get those privileges (curses) revoked from me. I'll solve it this weekend, assuming availability of the Entry Clerk or Steward to adjust my permissions.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m not jumping through hoops, im moving on
;p
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago
Danny Derby wrote: 2 weeks ago
Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago I'm not gonna cut stud fees since I don't have the time or interest to more tightly manage the boys
This is exactly it right here. I'm not going to worry about a stallion that's booked full because I don't have the time or interest to have to go through extra steps breeding them. This doesn't make me anti-anyone, I'm just choosing to play the game in a way that's more convenient and enjoyable for me. Disappointed to see Jon assume that this was about him and treat it as a personal attack, and just as disappointed to see a forum moderator fan the flames. I don't care if it's a stallion owned by Jon Xett, Xander Zone, Mr. Lord Rich or the Steward herself, my philosophy remains the same.
I'll get that remedied immediately, I have not actively acted as a forum moderator for the game in 10+ calendar years and did not even realize I still had the permissions to moderate anything except editing my own posts. Apparently I still do, thank you for pointing that out and I'll ask the Steward to promptly remedy that (though trees fall in forests make no noise, as do people with permissions they never use also do not create impact as a result of those permissions).

If it's helpful for people to not see me as a moderator on my account so my opinions can simply be my own without any historical or tacit endorsement by the game, please, by all means let's get those privileges (curses) revoked from me. I'll solve it this weekend, assuming availability of the Entry Clerk or Steward to adjust my permissions.
Andrew Chillin wrote: 2 weeks ago I’m not jumping through hoops, im moving on
You know... This works out perfect. Mr. Lord Andrew Chillin is the voice of reason and level-headedness on the forum. I nominate him to take Eric's moderator spot.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

This is complete, my moderator permissions that have been unused since we were all congregating to watch Zenyatta win the Classic or taking Emily to the ER because Zenyatta didn't win the classic (we did this, it was sorta fun in retrospect and a ridiculous story, except maybe not for The Steward ... Laura and Emily Mitchell and ... my wife can chime in about it) are officially sorted out so there's no confusion that I am not a moderator and nothing I say is at all connected with the operation of the game. Emily's twins that are now precocious youngsters were a glimmer in someone's eye the last time I moderated a forum post, I've purchased puppies who have since died of old age after living in four states, and I've four horses (five times, since we bought, sold, and repurchased one) and two houses since I last edited a forum post.

If flames are now fanned, it is 100% my own opinion. There is no association with game management, and my legacy permissions from my collegiate days have been adjusted. Have a good day!
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago If flames are now fanned, it is 100% my own opinion. There is no association with game management, and my legacy permissions from my collegiate days have been adjusted. Have a good day!
Congrats. I'm looking forward to the heat! Good day to you sir!
Now Standing
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I believe the adage “relax, it’s just a game” applies here. I mean honestly, have I time-traveled a decade and gone back to high school? Sure feels like it. Break’s over, go enter some horses.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Lily Wilkins wrote: 2 weeks ago I believe the adage “relax, it’s just a game” applies here. I mean honestly, have I time-traveled a decade and gone back to high school? Sure feels like it. Break’s over, go enter some horses.
Not high school. College days.
Now Standing
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Sorry... Collegiate.
Now Standing
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 weeks ago Sorry... Collegiate.
Omg. True actually haha
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Time for keg stands
;p
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Reminds me of my time at Princeton.
;p
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Andrew Chillin wrote: 2 weeks ago Reminds me of my time at Princeton.
It was quite fun for me, honestly.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Andrew Chillin wrote: 2 weeks ago Reminds me of my time at Princeton.
Also, please let me know how the Phat Lady or the Bloch from Hoagie Heaven is next time you're back. I desperately miss those sandwiches. Especially since one is name after a good friend. I'm way too far away these days but I would pay a pretty penny for one of those hoagies.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 weeks ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 2 weeks ago Wellllll I'm just realizing that there were auctions. So I didn't do well LOL
Louise did you realise you won one?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1865428
No ma'am I did not! I've had a rough week or so as my dog had a cluster of seizures and is now 95% blind and I did not think he was going to make it. Thank you for sending me the private message that I got via text. Otherwise I would not have known!

He galloped freak!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder