TBS Auction - How Did Everyone Do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: TBS Auction - How Did Everyone Do?

Post by John Smith »

Not sure why i keep bidding on ds horses… i believe it to be insanity… i certainly keep getting the same results
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 weeks ago Wellllll I'm just realizing that there were auctions. So I didn't do well LOL
Louise did you realise you won one?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1865428
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'm just happy to have participated and gotten out for under $1M.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I ended up with a couple of stakeser turf horses (a miler filly from the 2yo auction and a router colt from a non-select yearling auction). Spent about 400k on the pair, which is very nice. Have some hopes for the miler filly, especially as a broodmare given her heritage (though i don't have either a breeding shed or longer career comment on her)

I do know that in the last auction, the War Like Me x Razor Crest colt that my Dad won galloped freak
I have a stable full of cats
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 weeks ago I didn't want to spend much so I just looked at players who always seem to get "lucky" in TBS auctions who had multiple high bids and hammered the underbids around 500k. It worked. I got this and it has a note <3

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1884432
You found a fun sire! Pay attention to that one!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago
Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 weeks ago I didn't want to spend much so I just looked at players who always seem to get "lucky" in TBS auctions who had multiple high bids and hammered the underbids around 500k. It worked. I got this and it has a note <3

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1884432
You found a fun sire! Pay attention to that one!
booked full, moving on to the next
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hello Pete, I just sent you a message.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Jon Xett wrote: 2 weeks ago Hello Pete, I just sent you a message.
Who is pete?
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 2 weeks ago booked full, moving on to the next
Good philosophy here. There’s more than enough sires where any one isn’t worth jumping through hoops for.
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 weeks ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 2 weeks ago Wellllll I'm just realizing that there were auctions. So I didn't do well LOL
Louise did you realise you won one?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1865428
😂🤣

Nada from the select auction but somehow still ended up with 2 freakypeakys for under 3 mil. Good bit of business (erm…hopefully)

Montmartre
Whitechapel
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

LOL! You guys crack me up. The topic is TBS Auction not how I handle my stallions. If y'all must know, I was waiting until the last of the Steward bred Xett stallions galloped to assess my Year 67 dirt route stallion fees. Criminently Zero, it is only week one. What's with all the Snidely Whiplash commentary?

My stallions are all opened. Some in small lots at a time. When they fill up, I get a notification and open more slots that are available to anyone.

OFFS! No one is pleading with you to use my stallions. No one is asking you to jump through any hoops. Truth be told, the anti-Xett gang, and you know who you are, have boycotted, eschewed, iggy'd and avoided like the plague; most of my stallions ever since the good ol' days of how I handled DMB. What seems to be stuck in their collective craw for multiple SIM years now is how I handle my stallions.

It's time to move on guys. No really, it's okay. I think y'all will be so much happier if you just stop worrying constantly about how others handle their stallions.

You continue to not use my stallions. No really, it's okay. I'll continue to be okay.

I will continue to make my stallions available in small lots throughout the year, hold some slots in reserve for my mares, give away Game Point Stallion slots and enjoy talking about SIM breeding and stallions with my friends.

Karma is real so Be Kind, jX
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I am confused at the angst over him having been previously booked full, temporarily. If Exist is booked, just go to Acid Test (he's not booked full, which I know for a fact) or message Jon asking for a spot, and I'd stake approximately 25 calendar years of interaction on the fact that you'll get a positive response and a slot given to you, usually at some weird stud fee that never rounds to an even number and is absolutely cheaper than it should be.

This is how he's managed stallions quite equitably and generously for like... Decades? Somehow the quality from the Xett stallions is not in short supply at all across the SIM bloodstock population, and it never seems to be a problem to send an eminently reasonable and approachable person a message asking for a slot, so they're not hard to access if you just have a mare and ask.

Others take my approach, which is instead of being nice, fair, and helping a wide variety of people access their stallions, they raise stud fees to the point that maximizes income and effectively controls volume because, well, not everyone can afford it. That'd be me!

Trust me, the SIM is better for everyone with people that handle their stallions like Jon than handle their stallions like me. One is a much more accessible and generous arrangement, and I'll tell you that it's not breeding to Christopher Robin that's a better all-around deal for players. I'm not gonna cut stud fees since I don't have the time or interest to more tightly manage the boys, but more people get access to Jon's stallions the way he does it than would of he did it my way and just priced them at premium levels to control numbers.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago I am confused at the angst over him having been previously booked full, temporarily. If Exist is booked, just go to Acid Test (he's not booked full, which I know for a fact) or message Jon asking for a spot, and I'd stake approximately 25 calendar years of interaction on the fact that you'll get a positive response and a slot given to you, usually at some weird stud fee that never rounds to an even number and is absolutely cheaper than it should be.

This is how he's managed stallions quite equitably and generously for like... Decades? Somehow the quality from the Xett stallions is not in short supply at all across the SIM bloodstock population, and it never seems to be a problem to send an eminently reasonable and approachable person a message asking for a slot, so they're not hard to access if you just have a mare and ask.

Others take my approach, which is instead of being nice, fair, and helping a wide variety of people access their stallions, they raise stud fees to the point that maximizes income and effectively controls volume because, well, not everyone can afford it. That'd be me!

Trust me, the SIM is better for everyone with people that handle their stallions like Jon than handle their stallions like me. One is a much more accessible and generous arrangement, and I'll tell you that it's not breeding to Christopher Robin that's a better all-around deal for players. I'm not gonna cut stud fees since I don't have the time or interest to more tightly manage the boys, but more people get access to Jon's stallions the way he does it than would of he did it my way and just priced them at premium levels to control numbers.

When people do stuff different than the norm, people who refuse to adjust get left behind. I'd call it fear, not angst. How can they know all when something changes?

I didnt get anything this auction. I kinda suck
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Jon Xett wrote: 2 weeks ago Karma is real
He's a witch!
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Eric Nalbone wrote: 2 weeks ago I'm not gonna cut stud fees since I don't have the time or interest to more tightly manage the boys
This is exactly it right here. I'm not going to worry about a stallion that's booked full because I don't have the time or interest to have to go through extra steps breeding them. This doesn't make me anti-anyone, I'm just choosing to play the game in a way that's more convenient and enjoyable for me. Disappointed to see Jon assume that this was about him and treat it as a personal attack, and just as disappointed to see a forum moderator fan the flames. I don't care if it's a stallion owned by Jon Xett, Xander Zone, Mr. Lord Rich or the Steward herself, my philosophy remains the same.