What Is Life? A SIM Vortex Experience

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

What Is Life? A SIM Vortex Experience

Post by Jon Xett »

A couple of days ago, it was pointed out to me that my forum posts expressing faux disappointment in my 2 Steward Bred auction horses (Nihilist and Quixotic) was NOT clever or witty. My comments had a negative outcome - the opposite of my intent. Reading every one else's SIM comments again reveals joy and optimism and awe from SIM players about their Steward Bred purchases.
Fast forward to today, a beautiful spring day here, where I am checking out over 50 comments from my trainer, Mary Weather. That is odd. I don't recall owning a 2 year old colt, What Is Life. "'What Is Life' is a very special animal. This horse looks to be a late bloomer."

Caution! You are now entering the phenomenon known as the SIM Vortex Rabbit Hole.
Click: What Is Life - named for a George Harrison 1970 song - by Dreaming Tree (Carson) out of Second Variety (The People's Horse)
Click: out of Second Variety (The People's Horse)
Click: Y64-W1-D3 Sold at auction to Jon Xett for $100,000 - Meh DMB twins (prod/solid) but Dreaming Tree colt gallops surprisingly nice
Click: dam Ik Ook by James Dean our of Positivity - bred only 5 foals in 12 years - only 1 galloping above Alw. level was Second Variety
Click: Positivity - Steward bred by Sword out of Steward's Inquiry - won over a million including SC Ladies Route.
Click: Positivity 14 progeny gallops - 4 claimer, 1 solid, 2 productive (including Ik Ook), 1 allowance, 3 stakes and a freak (Silver)
Click: Silver by Take These Chances - also won over a million including SC Ladies Route - 11 progeny none of which earned over $70 k
Click back: to Positivity - and spends 45 minutes clicking around and reminiscing about how Take These Chances and Positivity rescued me from SIM mediocrity and down in the dump doldrums back in the day. All because of a super nice Steward bred whose name I got from a paper advertisement on a red dry cleaning hanger.

Wow! Checking back into real life now. Positivity in all things SIM leads to serendipitous surprises and good karma, eventually.
I'll leave you with this line from George Harrison's song, What Is Life: "Then I'll try my best to make everything succeed" and I would add... with Positivity.

Thanks for playing SIMHorseRacing.com.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: What Is Life? A SIM Vortex Experience

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Well I thought your comments were witty, whatever that’s worth.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I love Positivity <3
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I always enjoy reading posts and articles when you have done one! You have a talent for writing and use of words that draws me in that I enjoy , I certainly didn’t think your comments were negative not for me anyway
Here’s to all those great horses of gone by times like Positivity and Silver who I got a chance to own a line of mares thanks to you leasing out some gorgeous bred mares cheaply

The way you name horses is for me interesting … since I don’t have much naming talent

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

You, Laura and I are probably the trio in the game least able to complain about ever being in the SIM doldrums. The last time I was really there I was basically on a brief game hiatus, or in middle school (I'm pushing 40 now). 🤣

I love seeing Dreaming Tree pop up!

One of my favorite games is like the SIM version of '6 degrees of Kevin Bacon' - you have just the five gen pedigree of any dirt router to tell me where a Nalbone and Xett horse exists somewhere in the lineage. It's shockingly possible with almost every good dirt router in existence today, especially since we've mutually had such good luck lacing together our historically prolific lines.

The game is harder if you expand past dirt routers and the players change ... Swap us out for Brianna and Xander for dirt sprinters, etc. But it's a fun game to run back down the pedigrees!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Well , that was fun to read, especially the musical references 😀. The only thing I would say on that is the songs here people seem to thrive on from that album are “Wahhhh Wahhhh” and “ isn’t it a pity “ to which I say “ my sweet lord “ get a grip !