Help With Frustrating Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Help With Frustrating Mares

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I am so out of the loop with breeding these days, it's starting to get to the point all the stallions I know are pensioned :? Some helpful suggestions with the naughty ladies would be much appreciated!

I'm also open to "Why do you even keep breeding this one?!" advice. I did figure out a couple as I was writing up this list, a few into the maybe barn and a few foals made, so the list is shorter than it was initially supposed to be :P

Anyway...here are my "WHY. Just WHY?!" Mares.

Black Hen (Fearless Spirit x X O, Shattering Hearts)
Why I like her: 3 back is Silver Smootches dam of Secret Smootches who is one of my favourite TM mares ever.
Why she's the worst: X O gave me 2 allowance+ foals, and Black Hen was the only female...who turned out Formid. I think my attempts at getting a mare from the line is now gone because Silver Smootches is so far back.
About Her: Formid, A- hypos to Nyx and Beau. Google Fu just peaked Stakes over break (From Alw LB), Nevermore is Stakes Pr, Bluebelle is Stakes Pe. other two foals are productive.

Can't Beat Luck (Super x Napa Rose, Doctor)
Why I like her: half to Ketchikan, and Let It Go is her second dam. I bought her on my birthday...
Why she's the worst: Just make me a nice baby!
About Her: Blue Hen, A Hypos to: Arthur, Dave Matthews Band, Grand Canyon, Mr. Wonderful, and Nemesis. 9 foals: 4 Productive (Unmerciful, Dave Matthews Band, Mr. Wonderful, Gladiator), 3 Allowance (Acid Test, Grand Canyon, Dave Matthews Band), 2 Stakes (Unmerciful, Dave Matthews Band)

Charisma (Walk Off Grandslam x Wheel From the Bac, Elmhurst)
Why I like her: She was one of my first stakes horses...Her eldest full sibling was a freak who wasn't insured and got hit by random injury and retired as a blue hen. At the time of breeding the Elmhurst holiday line crossed with WOGS has 3 6 figure earners (+ unraced full sister freak), Known in an instant had 1, and Exile of Kings had 3
Why she's the worst: gimmie a baby!
About Her: Stakes/Star, A- hypos to Know in An Instant, Mika, Skathis, and World Gone Mad. 12 foals: 5 <Allowance, 3 Allowance (Storm, Skathis, Spiritus Invictus), 4 Stakes (World Gone Mad x2, King of Stars, Buildyouanempire)

Delirious Symphony (Delirium x Symphony of Love, Allonsy)
Why I like her: I dunno...she has 100% allowance+ foals? Is that a good enough reason?
Why she's the worst: All of her foals are MEH
About Her: Star, A- hypo to Arthur. 6 Foals: 5 Allowance (3 are still progressive), 1 stakes (Steamboat Willie)

Diamonds At Xmas (Le Vent Se Leve x Diamonds R Forever, Kaiju)
Why I like her: She was one of my first stakes winning horses. Her damline is ultra hot af.
Whe she's the worst: I don't really do TR but feel obligated to breed her because of her female family...but also she has only ever given *me* one stakes foal and he is a flopasaurus rex. All her other stakes and sole freak were bred while out on lease.
About Her: Star, A hypo to Still Fire, A- to Moulay El Hassan, Omaha Beach, Pinatubo, Sottsass, Sunday Heartbreak, There There There, Two Socks. 2 six figurer earners from 13 foals: 2 <Allowance, 5 Allowance (1 still a LB and 1 Progressive), 5 Stakes (First Class, Two Socks, There There There, Improvisional), 1 Freak (Sunday Heartbreak).

Hopelessly Devoted (All of Us Dreamers x Devotedly, Steelslayer)
Why I like her: PARAMOUR. Also she was one of my first big homebred winners. Also, have you seen her headshot? Adorbs.
Why she is the worst: Stakes LB, peaked Stakes. Retired Star, when her dam and 2nd dam were both blue hens. She has only given me one Stakes foal and he went from Stakes progressive to Stakes peak over this past break. Her saving grace is her yearling filly is an ALW LB, so maybe some hope? Maybe?
About Her: Star, hypos A to Fearless Spirit, A- to Beau and Still Into You. 8 foals: 3 <Allowance (her Claimer 2yo is a LB? yay?), 4 Allowance (Nightwatch, Beau, Fearless Spirit), 1 Stakes (Nightwatch).

Qwerky (Making Wishes x Fight for It, What You Are)
Why I like her: Sentimental reasons again, one of my first big winning homebreds...
Why she is the worst: She refuses to give me a beautiful baby to keep my sentimental flow going
About Her: Formid, hypos A- to Fearless Spirit. 9 foals: 7 <Allowance. 1 Allowance (Nightwatch), 1 Stakes (King Moonracer)

She's All That (Soldier x My Little Penguin, Be Prepared)
Why I like her: Damline...My Little Penguin. Promise. Pact.
Why she is the worst: No golden uterus.
About Her: Formid, Hypos like garbage...10 foals: 8 <Allowance, 1 Allowance (World of Color), 1 Stakes (Nighteyes)

Sweet Whispers (Beau x Tell Her About It, Fearless Spirit)
Why I like her: Her second dam, Foragoodtimecall, was one of my first stakes winning TBs.
Why she is the worst: Her first foal was an allowance LB, now stakes, and her next two foals were claimers...
About Her: Star, A- Hypo with Nyx. 3 Foals: 2 <Allowance, 1 Stakes (Nyx)

Tale As Old As Time (Blue Bayou x I See You, Allonsy)
Why I like her: Full sibling to Blew By You. 3rd dam is Wish Upon A Star.
Why she is the worst: Just an ok Freak, retired a star. Seems to not have a uterus at all...
About Her: Star, A hypo to Valley of Fire, A- to Christopher Robin, Parts Unknown, Steamboat Willie. 7 foals: 5 <Allowance, 2 Allowance (Christopher Robin, Steamboat Willie)

Who Runs the World (Noctis x Heart Aflutter, Heart of the Storm)
Why I like her: 2nd dam is Time Stands Still. Her dam was a pretty stellar racehorse too.
Why she is the worst: Sad freak, sad uterus.
About Her: Freak -> Blue Hen, Hypos A to DMB, Mace, Valley of Fire, War Like Me, A- to Arthur, Crayon, Gladiator, Keefer, Master of Deception, Nemesis, Set in Motion, Unmerciful. 9 foals: 5 <Allowance, 1 Allowance (Nemesis), 3 Stakes (Private Affair, Torque, Keefer)

Wyverly (Fearless Spirit x Del Oeste, Frankel)
Why I like her: Dam is kick butt playerbred daughter of These Secrets.
Why she is the worst: Struggled on the track, meh in the shed.
About Her: Blue Hen, Hypos A to Beau, Closely Devoted, Dreaming Up Wishes, Nyx, Starboy, Still Into You. 7 foals: 4 <Allowance, 1 Allowance (Beau), 2 Stakes (Starboy, Beau)

EDIT:
I should also include Starfall again on this list...I sent her to Napoleon last year, as recommended, and got her worst galloping foal to date :# Trying Mace this year, so a next year suggestion would be amazing! her freaks are by Mr. Wonderful, Parts Unknown, and Japanese Majesty. Stakes are by Napoleon, and DMB.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Re: Help With Frustrating Mares

Post by J.P Dogood »

I can't remember how I got to this conclusion but there is a chance Can't Beat Luck may throw something nice with Poet's Corner. Like I said I can't remember the specific but something about their dams I liked. Super is unfortunately a really bad broodmare sire BUT there are two things to like here...

1) apparently there is no example in the game of Poet's Corner crossing with a Super mare
2) if you breed a filly then you get 3x3 to Let It Go

One downside is there is a fair amount of inbreeding going on so if you are not a fan of that, then this cross likely isn't for you but I think it may be worth it. Good luck!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

TM ers go to Quetzalcoatl - for real - despite the bias! 3 of the 7 freaks I have in racing barn are from Q

DS - get one without WOG! King Of Fool's fits that bill..unabashed bias - but he has some decent young runners that havent hit track yet...he was sidelined for a while and just getting filler colts too...

DR...who knows.. I seem to be having some luck with Its All About (free plug!) Mage is cheap...so is Among Us...

Some of those mares I wouldnt be breeding based on some arbitrary limits I have with no evidence backing if it works or not...

Me at least - not the super mare
not qwerky
not shes all that
runs the world

but thats just me the unaccomplished breeder - writer of the hit magazine, The Unaccomplished Breeder!
Last edited by John Smith 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I think Can't Beat Luck should see Steamboat Willie. Go HARD with that Let It Go inbreeding, and breed a filly while you're at it.

Starfall should see Henry next year. She did produce a Stakes/TBS mare with Napoleon, so we know she's relatively fond of the sire line (I think she must have a huge slide tendency, because I'm shocked your Napoleon yearling isn't good) and while the fourth generation isn't generally considered to have a lot of influence, you do get a nice little 4x4 Skyfall back there. The cross is also void of any inbreeding in the first three gens, and could make for an absolute rockstar of a colt if things go in your favor. Great colts come from nice distaff mares, and you have one of those for sure in Starfall.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Black Hen - Regal Maverick
Charisma - Solarpunk
Can't Beat Luck - Best Revenge (flat A)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Jonathan Fisher
Classic Contender

Post by Jonathan Fisher »

John Smith wrote: 2 weeks ago TM ers go to Quetzalcoatl - for real - despite the bias! 3 of the 7 freaks I have in racing barn are from Q

DS - get one without WOG! King Of Fool's fits that bill..unabashed bias - but he has some decent young runners that havent hit track yet...he was sidelined for a while and just getting filler colts too...

DR...who knows.. I seem to be having some luck with Its All About (free plug!) Mage is cheap...so is Among Us...

Some of those mares I wouldnt be breeding based on some arbitrary limits I have with no evidence backing if it works or not...

Me at least - not the super mare
not qwerky
not shes all that
runs the world

but thats just me the unaccomplished breeder - writer of the hit magazine, The Unaccomplished Breeder!
I need to breed more to Quetzalcoatl I plan to this season I sent one star mare to him last season gave me a stakes you have him priced very fairly people should show him some love at 20k
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

[/quote]

I need to breed more to Quetzalcoatl I plan to this season I sent one star mare to him last season gave me a stakes you have him priced very fairly people should show him some love at 20k

[/quote]

Thanks - I agree of course, he has to be one of the best kept stallion secrets in the sim.

All Im saying is if a stallion is giving me stakes/freaks with my mares...well enough said about their ability.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)