Ship To Nearest Track Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Ship To Nearest Track Issue

Post by Danny Derby »

I built a new farm (Stockton Acres) in close proximity to an existing track (Adolescent Acres) with the intent of it being the closest farm to the track. However, despite it clearly being the closest as viewed on the map, it's not showing up as the closest track nor did my horses auto-ship there after races. Could the Admin please take a look?

Thanks!
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Ship To Nearest Track Issue

Post by The Admin »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 weeks ago I built a new farm (Stockton Acres) in close proximity to an existing track (Adolescent Acres) with the intent of it being the closest farm to the track. However, despite it clearly being the closest as viewed on the map, it's not showing up as the closest track nor did my horses auto-ship there after races. Could the Admin please take a look?

Thanks!
For multiple reasons, the distance resolution we use is to the nearest mile. The points you mention are all within a mile of each other. So we can't differentiate which one is closer - they are seen as equally distant.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Admin wrote: 1 week ago For multiple reasons, the distance resolution we use is to the nearest mile. The points you mention are all within a mile of each other. So we can't differentiate which one is closer - they are seen as equally distant.
So why would it default to one farm over another?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Choosing the nearest location:
First, it compares the length of time, then distance, and then, if those are all equal, it chooses the lower id number of the location. Which is the older of the equal locations.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Admin wrote: 1 week ago Choosing the nearest location:
First, it compares the length of time, then distance, and then, if those are all equal, it chooses the lower id number of the location. Which is the older of the equal locations.
Feasible for it to select farm randomly if all equal? I doubt intention here was to grant a permanent monopoly to the first farm built.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Danny Derby wrote: 1 week ago
The Admin wrote: 1 week ago Choosing the nearest location:
Feasible for it to select farm randomly if all equal? I doubt intention here was to grant a permanent monopoly to the first farm built.
Now, equidistant locations will be prioritized randomly.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Thank you for the update!