Calling the versatility nerds

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Calling the versatility nerds

Post by Shannon Hunt »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1737357

freak, dirt miler but rates versatile
so what does he want
I've tried works on the surfaces and distances his weird little pedigree might support and he appears to rate donkey at all of them
He can't jump
what does he want

WHAT DOES HE WANT
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Calling the versatility nerds

Post by Andrew Chillin »

He wants dirt mile.

Sound true is a b itch and he likes to mix it up with dm and awr or something off the wall like that.
;p
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Yeah, his whole bottom side screams AWR, but both Sound True and Abashiri rate for AWM as well. I can say that 5 fur AW work is slow for a top level horse; it puts him squarely in "Productive" territory. Can't speak to the other workout distances/surfaces though.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I would be curious what would happen at 8.5 or 9 on dirt.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

AWM would seem to make sense but I am curious what the “numbers” need to be to trigger the versatile comment? Like do they have the numbers to win on synthetic or just not run like crap on it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

His DR and AWM works were pretty terrible, but half tempted to throw him at some sort of race anyway just to find out. He's not exactly tracking towards a stud career at present rate anyway so might as well play around a little.

Can't wait to find out he's a turf horse.
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 week ago His DR and AWM works were pretty terrible, but half tempted to throw him at some sort of race anyway just to find out. He's not exactly tracking towards a stud career at present rate anyway so might as well play around a little.

Can't wait to find out he's a turf horse.
I mean, he does have California Chrome on the top side. That thing won on turf no?

Is he at peak?

Em has said

"Versatility depends on the horse's ability right then, and can come and go. If your horse is AT PEAK, they are more likely to be versatile than at any other time in their career. You can check the horse as a yearling, and the answer may be different when the horse is four and in their prime."

and

"I wouldn't agree with ANY time, it's not like right now vs. an hour from now. Definitely changes with blooming/talent jumps and drops, for instance, your horse is not at peak, and thus not at top flight in any thing, the algorithm wouldn't recommend trying different stuff. Once the horse peaks/jumps up, suddenly it's a lot faster and worth trying at more things because they've gone more talented across all categories. But that's every 8 weeks it can change, not like, today v. tomorrow."

This last comment makes me believe its not necessarily that they "can" run on that distance/surface, just that their number total suggests that they would perform well on that surface/distance compared to the actual turf/dirt horses?

Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

He was stakes bloomer when I checked for versatility a while ago, bloomed to freak over break.

I'm gonna have to think some more.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

The threshold for getting the "Versatile" comment might not translate to actually having enough ability to be competitive at the other distance/surface. I've had piles of versatiles that definitely have "some" ability under another set of conditions, but that "some" might just be enough to be competitive in a claimer. Very, very few can compete in two or more divisions at the same level.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Andrew James
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrew James »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 week ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1737357

freak, dirt miler but rates versatile
so what does he want
I've tried works on the surfaces and distances his weird little pedigree might support and he appears to rate donkey at all of them
He can't jump
what does he want

WHAT DOES HE WANT
I also wouldn't take workouts as proof a horse doesn't want a distance/surface. Been many a versatile horse with donkey works who actually run really well at the corresponding distance/surface race.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time