Is weight a factor in SIM?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Is weight a factor in SIM?

Post by Jon Xett »

In the SIMHorseRacing game, do 3 year old fillies get a weight break (i.e. SIM racing advantage of any kind over colts of the same ability) when running against 3 year old colts in stakes races (or allowance races)?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Is weight a factor in SIM?

Post by Carole Hanson »

As far as I remember, they're actually coded to have a DISADVANTAGE, rather than getting extra help.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Jon Xett wrote: 1 week ago In the SIMHorseRacing game, do 3 year old fillies get a weight break (i.e. SIM racing advantage of any kind over colts of the same ability) when running against 3 year old colts in stakes races (or allowance races)?
The sim (unfortunately) does not have a weight handicapping system. I would love to see it implemented but it would either be useless or entirely change the dynamic of the game.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 week ago As far as I remember, they're actually coded to have a DISADVANTAGE, rather than getting extra help.
Beginning week 9 the age disadvantage no longer is relevant vs older runners :?:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

3yo disadvantage against older is definitely a thing pre week 9. Like a BIG thing. I had a moment of stupid where I didn’t check the conditions on Cinema’s week 3 start properly. I thought 3yo+ races didn’t even START until like week 5 or 6. But it turns out they do. And I entered him in one because I assumed it was a 3yo race. It was not. And he got BEAT BAD. And it ruined all of my plans for the year so now I have to change his schedule completely.
AT STUD
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think it would have to involve a handicap system where jockey weights are configured into it , not something I miss much.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Cleo Patra wrote: 6 days ago 3yo disadvantage against older is definitely a thing pre week 9. Like a BIG thing. I had a moment of stupid where I didn’t check the conditions on Cinema’s week 3 start properly. I thought 3yo+ races didn’t even START until like week 5 or 6. But it turns out they do. And I entered him in one because I assumed it was a 3yo race. It was not. And he got BEAT BAD. And it ruined all of my plans for the year so now I have to change his schedule completely.
Yeah I learned that lesson a few seasons ago. Now my 3yos are always entered against their own age.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jon Xett wrote: 1 week ago In the SIMHorseRacing game, do 3 year old fillies get a weight break (i.e. SIM racing advantage of any kind over colts of the same ability) when running against 3 year old colts in stakes races (or allowance races)?
The age thing people mentioned here, is something I was pretty sure about...that racing a 3 year old against older horses before Wk9 was hard to do and expect good results.

But racing a 3 year old filly against a 3yr old colt. That, I'm not sure about, however, I often see fillies race the boys and come out ahead. Such as this beautiful 3 year old filly:

She won a Grade 3 and a Grade 2 against the colts, and next week is going against the colts in a Grade 1.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1753448

But I've also seen 3 year old fillies win in non stakes against the boys too, so it can be done. So I've always kind of assumed that while there was no advantage given to the fillys, they were not given a disadvantage either...and it all just came down to talent vs talent.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 6 days ago 3yo disadvantage against older is definitely a thing pre week 9. Like a BIG thing. I had a moment of stupid where I didn’t check the conditions on Cinema’s week 3 start properly. I thought 3yo+ races didn’t even START until like week 5 or 6. But it turns out they do. And I entered him in one because I assumed it was a 3yo race. It was not. And he got BEAT BAD. And it ruined all of my plans for the year so now I have to change his schedule completely.
I had no idea this was a thing. I will have to remember to not do this because I never check when I am in a rush and entering my 3yos.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚