Help to a "new" player

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Pablo Perez
Two Year Old

Help to a "new" player

Post by Pablo Perez »

Hello everyone.
I'm not very new to the game; I spent several months a few years ago, but due to work reasons, I couldn't connect. However, I'm diving back into this wonderful world once again. Yet, just like my first times here, I'm having quite a few problems making money with my horses, and therefore, maintaining a relatively normal stable in terms of results (I've had 3 horses injured in less than 2 weeks for almost $60,000, more than half of everything I had in total).

That's why, and because I still consider myself a person who is learning, I would appreciate it if those who wanted to and had experience could give some advice or guidance to this poor man and help me start my resurgence.

Thanks in advance to everyone, and I hope you all have a good day.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Help to a "new" player

Post by Nicole Marie »

Hi Pablo,

The 'help' section (found near the top of the screen in-game) has a lot of good information about how to place your horses in races and injuries.

In regards to this horse he got injured because you asked way too much of him. You gave him three workouts in a week (W1D2, W1D6, W2D3) when normally 2-3 gallops per week would be what you'd want to do to get a horse fit (workouts take a lot more out of a horse than a gallop). Then after working him again on W3D2, you raced him just three days later on W3D5. He was also galloped and jogged in that same short period. When he comes back from his injury he will be completely unfit again. Here is the part of the help section that talks about fitness. Overworking is also likely why Awarded Power broke down, racing three days after a workout while also doing other exercise in that same amount of time. By contrast, Jaffnna Lasso worked on W2D3, then the only other activity she did before her W3D5 race was swim in the pool. She may have been tired, hence her fifth place finish, but not tired enough to get hurt - but she also could have run last because she's a dirt router running in dirt sprints. Equifix, he worked on W1D4, ran on W1D5 (you're lucky that in and of itself didn't injure him) but then worked again on W1D6 and then he was injured.

I highly recommend the help section as well as Regina Moore's articles in the article section, but if you have any specific questions feel free to post them here and I'm sure people can help.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes