Suggestion For Simperior Edge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Suggestion For Simperior Edge

Post by Sara Julin »

The mares has been returned to the entry clerk on my request since some players saw it as unfair, gate keeping and greedy, though my intentions was pure- and the entry clerk agreed with me but took back the mares on my request. Happy gaming, everyone.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
John Smith
Grade 2 Winner

Post by John Smith »

No good deed shall go unpunished…

This too shall pass… are we still “hastaghing?” # Master of Deception

* For Entertainment purposes only- enjoy!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 week ago The mares has been returned to the entry clerk on my request since some players saw it as unfair, gate keeping and greedy, though my intentions was pure- and the entry clerk agreed with me but took back the mares on my request. Happy gaming, everyone.
How is grabbing most of the mares is of pure intention?
The lease part came after someone pointed out that one player bought 4 of the 5 mares. If it was previously announced that if you get the chance you will try to grab the mares and then do a lease program for newer players then we would have definitely agreed it was of pure intention.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Jack Ryder wrote: 1 week ago
Sara Julin wrote: 1 week ago The mares has been returned to the entry clerk on my request since some players saw it as unfair, gate keeping and greedy, though my intentions was pure- and the entry clerk agreed with me but took back the mares on my request. Happy gaming, everyone.
The lease part came after someone pointed out that one player bought 4 of the 5 mares. If it was previously announced that if you get the chance you will try to grab the mares and then do a lease program for newer players then we would have definitely agreed it was of pure intention.
I bought the horses, not against the rules to buy multiple. Some people got mad, so I corrected and was gonna open up a program with the mares to let other players take part of them (which I though was an EVEN better idea since people got mad at me for buying 4). I could have ignored you all and kept the mares. But I ain't like that. If people frown at me, my bad continence will eat me alive. So, the mares are now back with the Entry Clerk (as I've stated before) as I don't want anything to do with them after this forum thread. Thank you.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Well here’s the thing, first if it was me I’d keep them and it’s important to say the beef is not with you , it’s with the rules maker.. You followed the rules and you shouldn’t take offense at complaining about the setup unless someone cast aspersions towards you in which case said person can have a hamburger with cheese
Last edited by Art K Stables 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

The fact of the matter is that this Edge ‘feature’ is inherently unfair because of where people are in the world, when they can log on, the fact they can be grabbed quickly by one person etc. It doesn’t belong in something which is supposed to be help for all who pay for simperior. It definitely needs replacing with a feature that is useful to gameplay for all.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Very good point Katie. I always thought of it as something directed to newer or beginner players to give them a bit of help and we must concede that even newbies get SIMperior. That in itself validates it being in the Edge.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

What if instead of it being a matter of who can click fastest, it gets turned into a “treasure hunt”? Give hints that lead to the horse, and the answers can be revealed in next week’s edge. It will also encourage players to look for “hidden gems” in AJ.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Nini Panini wrote: 1 week ago What if instead of it being a matter of who can click fastest, it gets turned into a “treasure hunt”? Give hints that lead to the horse, and the answers can be revealed in next week’s edge. It will also encourage players to look for “hidden gems” in AJ.
I’d say let’s not give the entry clerk or stew even more to do over a minor feature .. if there are deemed “ valuable “ mares put them in an auction without comment , 100 and no one can win more than one , at least it will take more money out of the game
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 week ago
Jack Ryder wrote: 1 week ago
I bought the horses, not against the rules to buy multiple. Some people got mad, so I corrected and was gonna open up a program with the mares to let other players take part of them (which I though was an EVEN better idea since people got mad at me for buying 4). I could have ignored you all and kept the mares. But I ain't like that. If people frown at me, my bad continence will eat me alive. So, the mares are now back with the Entry Clerk (as I've stated before) as I don't want anything to do with them after this forum thread. Thank you.
I don't have any problems with you buying that mares, my problem stem from you claiming pure intentions after people pointed it out.
Let me just give a timeline
-Last week Entry Clerk posted potential good mares on the edge.
-Mr. Lord Rich created this thread to close the loophole and suggesting an auction for that mares for newish players.
-This week Entry Clerk posted another set of mares even calling out "greedy players" in a jest.
-Another member pointed out that one player bought 4 out of 5.
-You responded by saying you will do a program with that mares. The problem with that program is how you gonna decide who will get the mares in case of multiple people showing interest.
-Another member pointed out problem with the program.
-After that you told you have returned the mares to Entry Clerk via request. You could have easily just GPed them and said they have been returned to AJ. I don't understand why you needed it to be returned via request.

After all it's not the horses that are real but the feelings are.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Art K Stables wrote: 1 week ago
Nini Panini wrote: 1 week ago What if instead of it being a matter of who can click fastest, it gets turned into a “treasure hunt”? Give hints that lead to the horse, and the answers can be revealed in next week’s edge. It will also encourage players to look for “hidden gems” in AJ.
I’d say let’s not give the entry clerk or stew even more to do over a minor feature .. if there are deemed “ valuable “ mares put them in an auction without comment , 100 and no one can win more than one , at least it will take more money out of the game
Problem with that is, people will pay silly amounts of money for these horses because they have Entry Clerk branding on them.
John D'arc
Sprinter

Post by John D'arc »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 week ago
Art K Stables wrote: 1 week ago
Problem with that is, people will pay silly amounts of money for these horses because they have Entry Clerk branding on them.
Agreed, I mean these horses are nice and all but put them in an auction and they'll end up extremely overpriced for most newish players.
Cleo Patra wrote: 2 weeks ago Another alternative would be to use the claiming system. Put the horses in a claiming “race” that isn’t actually a race (admin would probably have the best idea of how to clone the claiming system) and have it shake out $5k claims. I think this is more in the spirit of what the entry clerk wants to achieve than auctions are.
I think Cleo's claiming idea would be a lot more equally fair for everyone, newer and older players alike.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I got one of the mares last week by chance, I skimmed the list for a division I run in (DR/TM) and there was a DR so I picked her up. The only reason I would have bought the mare is because it was in the edge, she doesn’t have the dam side I’m usually looking for when breeding, I’m still not even sure if I’ll breed her 🙃

I don’t think any of these mares will bang out freaks, maybe allowance and the occasional stakes. They might be good foundations for new players building their lines but every long term player fussing over missing out…it doesn’t make sense to me.

The mare I picked up is a star and from 5 foals: 2 productive, 3 allowance from TOP sires (War Like Me, Poets Corner, and Mr. Wonderful).

You guys are literally fighting over mediocre mares maybe worth $15,000. Just because the entry clerk puts his “brand” on them doesn’t make them worth all this fuss. To me it just means they are “better” than all the throw aways sitting in greener pastures, but the chances of them being freak machines is seriously slim to none.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Rochelle Bos wrote: 1 week ago I got one of the mares last week by chance, I skimmed the list for a division I run in (DR/TM) and there was a DR so I picked her up. The only reason I would have bought the mare is because it was in the edge, she doesn’t have the dam side I’m usually looking for when breeding, I’m still not even sure if I’ll breed her 🙃

I don’t think any of these mares will bang out freaks, maybe allowance and the occasional stakes. They might be good foundations for new players building their lines but every long term player fussing over missing out…it doesn’t make sense to me.

The mare I picked up is a star and from 5 foals: 2 productive, 3 allowance from TOP sires (War Like Me, Poets Corner, and Mr. Wonderful).

You guys are literally fighting over mediocre mares maybe worth $15,000. Just because the entry clerk puts his “brand” on them doesn’t make them worth all this fuss. To me it just means they are “better” than all the throw aways sitting in greener pastures, but the chances of them being freak machines is seriously slim to none.

This. I feel like we often generate a lot of angst over things that really are not angst deserving (admittedly I've been guilty of that myself at times)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I don’t see it as a problem of people paying silly amounts, that just means more money out of the game and exactly the point. If you want to overpay for a mare, you should have every opportunity to do so.