Suggestion For Simperior Edge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Suggestion For Simperior Edge

Post by Rochelle Bos »

So, I have a suggestion on this, kinda...

Don’t have that section in the edge, leave the mares in greener pastures for people who comb AJ’s horses regularly to potentially stumble upon them. Maybe leave the note in their comments that you would have put in the edge, so players know when they’ve got one with some above average GP horse potential. You might need to add the 5 horse limit back to prevent people with money from buying every horse from AJ and sending them everything back just to find the ones with notes…

At the end of the year, maybe start of week 16, anything “decent” left in greener pastures put in an auction for either new players or everyone, I don’t really care either way 😅 but at least give the people willing to put in the work the opportunity to find them until breeding week 🤷‍♀️

Still gives Vincent the opportunity to hopefully happily snoop through AJ’s horses, gives people willing to put in the work opportunity to find them, a year end auction which then prevents them from dying at the end of the year, AND becomes a possible a money syphon

Edited: because grammar after a 10 hour work day was baaaahd

Edit 2: or could do something completely chaotic evil and outlandish, instead of them going into a sale auction…at the end of the year the entry clerk buys them and then annually all the mares he owns get put into a lease auction 😅 one crack at a mare 😈🤣 this is probably just my evil tired brain. People will track what each mare has produced, one make a freak? Her next year lease price will SKYROCKET! If I had the energy I would add the Louise Belcher evil laugh gif here
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'd rather make it an automated feature to allow people to open their auctions only to new/junior/intermediate players instead of worrying about this.

I ran two massive auctions last year for new players where people got absolutely songs of a deal for horses that weren't going to make a dent in my stable, and are making big differences for others. I can just check my breeder awards weekly and see how much of an impact they're having for players when I'd have them bouncing around midweek in Japan fishing for a NW2L and they rip off wins when rerouted to restricted company.

I think the concept is a great one but we'll get more impact if we make offering a pipeline to obtain quality horses to new players structural, not one-off and manual.

The risk of new players not sticking is very real, but the sim population has been relatively stagnant for a long time, and things we can do to change that trajectory, keep the new players we get, and not burn out the old seem to all warrant at least careful thought. Quibble with execution and usually the game is adjusted to better achieve the goal of an action, but the motivation seems entirely correct.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

We used to be able to make auctions restricted to new players. But it didn’t get used so Emily took it out.

I truly would like to help a player out, but we can’t exactly get a guarantee that the new player will be around for any length of time.