American Oaks

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Well I should have gone to Hollywood Park today, but just couldn't get motivated in the heat.

Wait A While won the American Oaks!! Wooo!! Such a nice filly :)

Hollywood Story won the Vanity!!! Wooo!! She ROCKS!!! B)

Should have gotten off my bum and gone down there, oh well.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Mm, I was cheering for Asahi Rising (she's a Sunday Silence!), but Wait a While was definitely not going to be beat today, I don't think. =] Was she the one that had started in two previous turf starts but got rained out and both were run on dirt in the slop? If so, what a way to finally debut on turf.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Glad that Arravale ran so well. It's a tough jump from a 6f overnight stake at WO to a American G1 over a route of ground, but she asserted herself well and just barely got nipped at the wire for 2nd by Asahi Rising. Good race!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Wait a While broke her maiden on turf then got those rained out turf races.

Asahi Rising has some excuses I think, but I won't complain. I'd love to see a rematch between those too. Personally if I had my PICK of the two, I would take Asahi Rising. I want to bred her to Faith Justified in the WORST way. Nothing against Wait A While of course, I did have her picked on top. In fact I had the tri in order but that's another story.

Arravale ran SUPER. She's such a nice mare. I was very pleased with her performance. I wonder if she'll be coming home now or staying in the states to race..