KY Oaks and Derby

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: KY Oaks and Derby

Post by Darcy McBride »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 week ago I should start paying better attention to sim contests, I had Mystik Dan picked on my own time (never looked at the Oaks though)
Me too. My sister and myself had both selected Mystik Dan, as my nephew (her son) is named Dan.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 week ago
Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 week ago I should start paying better attention to sim contests, I had Mystik Dan picked on my own time (never looked at the Oaks though)
Me too. My sister and myself had both selected Mystik Dan, as my nephew (her son) is named Dan.
Have to reevaluate the way I pick the ponies :lol:
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Gwayne's World wrote: 1 week ago
My method consists of "look at the list of names, which name feels like it has the winner sparkles on it". Completely disregard past performance, post position, pedigree, trainer etc, sometimes it's allowed to be my favorite name but not at the expense of the one with the sparkles on it (otherwise I'd have picked quite a few others in this race whose names were prettier, but nope, Mystik Dan just *felt* right).

Absolutely terrible system that works way more often than it should, lol
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 week ago
Gwayne's World wrote: 1 week ago

My method consists of "look at the list of names, which name feels like it has the winner sparkles on it". Completely disregard past performance, post position, pedigree, trainer etc, sometimes it's allowed to be my favorite name but not at the expense of the one with the sparkles on it (otherwise I'd have picked quite a few others in this race whose names were prettier, but nope, Mystik Dan just *felt* right).

Absolutely terrible system that works way more often than it should, lol
This is how my husband picks horses and he's a lot more successful than me, and I look at stats, etc.