Maryland Gathering

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Every year, our dear Steward comes over to Maryland to work the Preakness. This year, we decided to have a SIM gathering for Marylanders and those who would be in town for the big event. I thought since I live here and know the general area quite well, I should start organizing it since the Steward is overworked and underpaid as it is. *g* This is information I will need from people the minute they know for sure they will be attending...

(please copy and paste the below survey with your answers)

1. Who are you?
2. Will you be bringing others? If so, how many and who are they?
3. What days are you available for dinner? (Wednesday, May 14, Thursday, May 15, Friday, May 16, we will *not* be meeting on Preakness night, that's just suicide)
4. What kind of food would you eat? (Mexican, American, Italian, etc, make suggestions if you know of any other types)

Information does not have to be sent right away, but please, no last minute add ons so I can notify a restaurant and give them a decent heads-up that we will be taking over their establishment for a good amount of time.

This is *my* information just so everyone can know my preferences and stuff:

1. Amanda Kessler
2. Yes, 1, Mark Kessler, husband
3. Thursday and Friday are preferred, I can sacrifice Wednesday's media party if so wished.
4. American and Mexican preferred, I'll eat Italian but only if they have alfredo. I can also do pizza I suppose.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

1. William T'Illinghast (Scott) Eiland III
2. My wife Amy says she will be coming with me. But it's five months away.
3. I don't know yet. I have hotel reservations ten miles away for Friday and Saturday. I'm fairly certain I could come up on Thursday, but since it's five months away and I don't know what I'm eating for breakfast in five MINUTES, I don't think I can give a satisfactory answer.
4. Spaghetti! Um, anything. You'll find that I'm extremely laid-back in person. So whatevs.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

Apparently Briggs is going, so I'm tagging along too.

1. Eric Hamme
2. Briggs and possibly his wife/my mother
3. I don't know.
4. At that point, I'll be a freshly minted college grad. What do you think?
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'd like to, but I have no idea what my school schedule is then. I will be able to let you know by March, at the latest, when I register for my spring semester. I do know that I probably won't be able to make the Preakness itself, or anything that night because of a wedding (even though I know it would be impossible to have dinner that night). I also cannot make a Friday night dinner, as I bowl in a league, and that may even be our final week, where we bowl for the championship (since we finished first in the first quarter, we will be bowling for it!). I will have to let you know as far as classes. If worst came to worst, would anyone be able to make a Sunday lunch?
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

You know, the Inner Harbor on Preakness night really isn't THAT nuts. Just a thought. I'm staying in the Courtyard by Marriot.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

J Slotman wrote: You know, the Inner Harbor on Preakness night really isn't THAT nuts.  Just a thought.  I'm staying in the Courtyard by Marriot.
We're not gathering on Preakness night. Media people always have to work late on Preakness night, there are other things that go on behind the scenes after the race, awards, interviews, etc. We don't usually get out until 8-9:00.
~ Mandy ~

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

NikkiSherman wrote: If worst came to worst, would anyone be able to make a Sunday lunch?
Em leaves Sunday afternoon.
~ Mandy ~

John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I could do Friday night, though I'll probably be at one of the various pre-Preakness events that night.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Amanda Kessler wrote:
J Slotman wrote: You know, the Inner Harbor on Preakness night really isn't THAT nuts.  Just a thought.  I'm staying in the Courtyard by Marriot.
We're not gathering on Preakness night. Media people always have to work late on Preakness night, there are other things that go on behind the scenes after the race, awards, interviews, etc. We don't usually get out until 8-9:00.
If you're busy the rest of them could still get together. I mean not everyone has to go right?
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

JoleneD wrote: If you're busy the rest of them could still get together. I mean not everyone has to go right?
The whole purpose is to get together with Em. Em's Media!
~ Mandy ~

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I was actually done at like 6:20 last year, once we go off air there isn't much to do since we pack up Sunday.

I will be available for lots of different get togethers. I am hungry often!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

There should be no reason for me not to be there. I live for the Pimlico Preakness! It is my great drunkfest of the year. I went (with Nikki and a couple others) to the Inner Harbor last year (Friday night) for dinner. We were craving Italian and went to their Little Italy and I had the best garlic bread of my life (and I've had TONS of garlic bread). I think the Inner Harbor's a lot of fun, it feels more like actually doing something rather than just going to dinner.

I'd also like to echo Scott's comments in that I have no immediate plans for the event. My adventures to the Pimlico Preakness have ranged from staying at the horse IDer and stakes coordinator's house, a jockey's house and a hotel. We should just get a SIM hotel.
Doug Kidwell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Doug Kidwell »

I live 20 mins from Pimlico and the Harbor. Just let me know what you guys decide on. I will eat anything so whatever you choose is fine with me.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

*Sad* SOMEBODY has to be around when I can go!!! :(
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds