Horse Giveaway!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Since the dispersal is still going on I thought I'd look through what was left and pick up some horses I thought had something and offering them up in a New/Junior contest. After I give away each one I'll go try to find another until I just can't justify spending money on one.

First up for offer is a two-year-old filly by Action This Day out of the Distant View mare Myloveportofino. Action This Day is the sire of 33 winners on turf and one on the all weather surface. Myloveportofino has produced two winners from four foals to race. Here is the filly:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=41224' target='_blank'>Rock Ballad</a>

How the contest works. If you are a new player or a junior player PM me in the game and make the subject "Giveaway." In the message I want you to tell me what next move you would make with this filly. Tell me the following:

Equipment
Type of race
Race surface
Ideal distance of race

-Tie Breaker- if required, please include who you would breed her to if you retired her today.*

I'll pick the answer I like best! *If you win, she must race as a three-year-old.

I will take entries for just two days from the time this was posted so act quickly!
Sean Furney
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Sean Furney »

Just so you know the page you linked to for the horse actually linked to this thread. Not that it is really hard to look it up.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Just over an hour left if you still want to enter.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

It was a very tight race between three entries. Here are some points I was looking for:

Run her in a maiden race. I don't believe in running maidens, especially those who seem to have potential, against winners.

Turf - just turf. She's got a complete turf pedigree.

Running her at a mile+. Despite the fact that her siblings are winning at sprint distances, they all seem to be running strongly at the end of their races. Her second dam produced a mare who excelled in routes. Action This Day is a very strong distance influence.

As far as her equipment, I think that she really needs to have Lasix added. I also think she could be kept in blinkers and using a tongue tie and hind bandages is useful.

I narrowed it down to three entries based on these observations, then I turned to the tie breaker. All three had good, logical choices for the filly's potential mate. My favorite, though, was War Chant. He's proven and very underrated. I also loved the creative Kris S inbreeding that the match created.

So that means that Joe Bob is the winner of the filly! Good luck with her, Joe, I hope she wins under your care.
Kira Ravenwood
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Kira Ravenwood »

Congrats Joe Bob!
Now Standing:
One Listens $5,000 Dirt Sprinter
Ease Up Lad $10,000 Turf Sprinter
Battlestar $40,000 Dirt Sprinter
John Cutshall
Derby Contender

Post by John Cutshall »

HEY THANKS ALOT ALYSSE, I'LL TAKE GOOD ACRE OF HER!!!! THANKS AGAIN