Lakeside Horse Givaway

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

On Saturday at 3pm Game Time, a list of horses of racing age and bred mares will be placed here. Limit two horses per player...here is the official date and time:

Saturday, February 2, 3pm Game Time

Days and times are subject to change, you will be notified ahead of time.

The first person to give me their full game name and the names of the horses they want gets those horses. Do not edit your post if you make an error, I *will* notice and you will not get any horses. Make a new post as soon as you notice the mistake. If, between that time, someone else claims the horse(s) you want and follows the rules, they get the horse(s). An owner may claim horses for another owner, be sure to give the other owner's full game name.

See everyone Saturday!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

3pm Game Time is PST?
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

yup
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

The first of three events starts in three minutes!

Remember, they're on the Sales Page...
~ Mandy ~

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Hmm... 13 horses sold in a matter of seconds, but unfortunately, 8 of those went to two people. In light of this, next weekend's horse give away will be scratched and combined with the last day. Also, my give aways will never be spread out on multiple days ever again. It will all be combined into one day from now on, the Sunday after week 16 Friday results.

Unless you want it to go back to the old way. I'm up for voting, after all...this is more for *your* benefit then mine.
~ Mandy ~

Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Amanda

I am up for the old way. We all have different speeds of internet access and some will lose out just because they still use dial up.

Miryam

BTW Thank You for the beautiful horse
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Amanda Kessler wrote: Hmm... 13 horses sold in a matter of seconds, but unfortunately, 8 of those went to two people.
Hmmmmmm......I'm one of the 'guilty' ones. Amanda, I'm sorry if your intentions were to spread the wealth around, but as I've got so little money, this was a way for me to build my stable. I purchased 2 fillies, and 2 geldings. If my purchase of 4 of you horses wasn't what you had in mind, I'd be happy to return them and won't participate again.

If it'll help, I'll explain my plans for them:

The 2 fillies are obvious, I can never have enough potential mares.
The 2 geldings I intend to race a couple of times, then give away to Newbies.

Again, sorry if you feel I went about this all wrong, it wasn't my intention to come across as greedy.

Leo
Kenneth Gordon
Sprinter

Post by Kenneth Gordon »

I am the other guilty party. I apologize for snatching up four horses. I was unaware of the amount of horses being given away each sunday. I actually passed over one or two horses thinking that I could do better in my search. Like Leonard, it was not my intention to be greedy and take away horses from other owners. If you would like Amanda, I will give back one or two horses.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Oh it was fine, I didn't think it would happen but it did and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm happy they went to a good home instead of being pinhooked. :) I used to hold these give aways on one day, so I guess that'll go back to that. I don't mind really, just a bit stressful sometimes when it goes so fast and some people don't follow the rules.

Keep the horses (and the other person can too). As long as they're in a good home, I'm happy. Oh, and you can still participate in the other day too. I'm thinking about limiting it to two horses a player or something. I'm still deciding.
~ Mandy ~

Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Amanda Kessler wrote: I don't mind really, just a bit stressful sometimes when it goes so fast and some people don't follow the rules.
Rules? The only thing I saw regarding rules was a comment in the original post that said "Grab them as quick as you can!"

That's exactly what I did.

But, as I can see that I've done something that you felt wasn't in the 'spirit' of your Sale, I'll offer the four horses I bought back to players in the game. I can see how it may look as if I took advantage of the Sale, so this will hopefully get me off the hook!

So, the following 4 horses will all be given to players that weren't able to purchase a $1 bargain on the sales page today. Post which horse you'd like, and after I verify with Amanda, I'll send the horse on to you at no charge.

Sorry to cause any trouble.......

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31475' target='_blank'>Fearful</a>
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=37851' target='_blank'>Just Breathe</a>
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=36552' target='_blank'>This Must Be Love</a>
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=36534' target='_blank'>Furtive Manner</a>

Good Luck.....Leonard
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Leonard Beagle wrote: Rules? The only thing I saw regarding rules was a comment in the original post that said "Grab them as quick as you can!"
On no no no you misunderstood. The *old way* where I had everyone pick one horse and give me their full game name, there were some people who didn't follow those rules and it created some stress for me, which is why I chose to do it the sales page way this time. Like I said, you're more then welcome to keep the horses you picked up because I'm very happy to hear that you actually wanted them for your stable instead of pinhooking them (something I always fear during my give aways). Anyway, it's now completely up to you if you would like to keep them for good or give them away again, I would just like to state that I will be just as happy if you kept them. :)
~ Mandy ~

Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Amanda, I'm sorry I misunderstood. But as I've already made the offers, I'll let them stand, but on one condition: As per Amanda's wishes, please no pinhooking.

If no one claims them by Tuesday night after the results, I'll keep them and continue on my merry way!

Leonard
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Tomorrow's horse give away has been CANCELLED due to an unexpected change in routine. It has been rescheduled for next Saturday, February 2, at 3pm Game Time.
~ Mandy ~

Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Tonight!! (hopefully...I might be late, lol)
~ Mandy ~