Santa Anita 1/12 And 1/13

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'm sure I won't get much interest, but does anyone want to join me and some of the other regulars out there this weekend? I'm going both days and it would be a good time to meet new faces!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Are they actually going to run at Santa Anita this weekend? That "surface" is having its struggles...
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

they are running on it right now. No rain forecasted for the next 2 weeks we'll see what happens.
Sean Furney
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Sean Furney »

We were hoping to go this weekend but unfortunately can't get away right now. Well that and the track challenges. I really don't want to spend all the money to drive down from Oregon to watch the races and have them get rained out.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

You'd better get pictures of my dear Air Commander... I still have yet to see him in person!!!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

SeanF wrote: We were hoping to go this weekend but unfortunately can't get away right now. Well that and the track challenges. I really don't want to spend all the money to drive down from Oregon to watch the races and have them get rained out.
Stepping aside from being a Steward for a moment....

There's no rain in the forecast right now. People are now afraid than a drizzle is going to cancel the races, they are discounting that 7 inches fell in 2 days on Santa Anita. In the entire 2007 rainy season Southern California didn't get 7 inches! They ran today and they will run this weekend.... then next week they plan on tearing up the track.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sean Furney
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Sean Furney »

I know that this case was extreme but they were having the puddling problem when the rain fall totals weren't that high also. We just have some things going on with our business that came up and we can't get away but until they fix that I won't make the trip even if there is a very slight chance of rain.

The drainage just isn't right at least they recognize that and are hopefully going to fix it by tearing it all up. I am sure they don't want to put hosting the Breeders Cup in jeopardy.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Tiago... Great Hunter... Ravel... Molen-i-cant-spell-your-name-go... yay
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

You forgot Sahara Heat!!

and ALONZO on Sunday!!!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

So I just wanted to say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY AIR COMMANDER!!!!!! To all those who don't know, he is out of one of my favorite horses of all time, Santaria, and is a half-brother to Medallist.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds