South Park Contest - Winners Announced

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

OK, somehow the name South Park was not already taken, and so I couldn’t resist. It is now reserved for an Oak Park foal, hopefully in Year 21 (assuming the fertility bug does not hit). What I cannot decide is who should go to him for that special baby, and I figure those that are South Park fans, or just plain pedigree fans, can help me out. So, I’m running a contest.

Between now and February 7th, pick one of my dirt mares (other than Cherish the Moment, who I’ve already got plans for) and explain why she should become South Park’s mom. Your rationale can be based on name, pedigree, or whatever else floats your boat. I’m looking for a short paragraph (one to five sentences), not War and Peace. You can rummage through my retired mares, as well as any of my 4yo fillies that are still in training, as they’ll be retired next year.

Whichever one I like best, I’ll go with, and the person who came up with that explanation will get a foal, out of their choice of a list of about 10 mares (to be determined once the fertility bug has hit on February 2nd). Plus, if South Park turns out to be any good, I’ll also make that person a shareholder in him, which means you’d be able to breed to him for free anytime you wanted. I will also give prizes to the second and third place finishers. More than one person can lobby for the same mare; it is the explanation behind the choice that’ll determine the winner.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for participating!

Laura
Sean Furney
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Sean Furney »

Well unfortunately I don't get to watch South Park as much as I used to because of the kids but as far as the mare that I would cross with Oak Park from a pedigree perspective I would choose Prizes. Here are the reasons: First she has not produced too much out of the crosses that have been tried in the past, and second because as far as I could tell in all of the horses that Oak Park has sired I could only find 2 that were from a trophy mare one was not good but the mare did absolutely nothing on the track the second mare that did ok on the track produced <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=40805' target='_blank'>Frank Lloyd Wright</a>. So that is why I would do it.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I believe South Park's mother should pay proper homage to the method of Kenny's death in "South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut." In it, the young'uns are all blue-flaming farts and Kenny, not surprisingly, catches on fire. That doesn't kill him though, he's subsequently sent to the hospital where the doctors replace his heart with a baked potato and that's the end of Kenny.

For those who love mindless trivia as much as I do, this scene references Trey Parker's first film, "Cannibal The Musical" (which, incidentally, is where I got the link for the above pic). In the opening scene of Cannibal, Trey sings the song "Shpadoinkle" which includes the line "My heart's as full as a baked potato." In that scene he is riding a horse which is also fitting since we are talking about breeding horses here. The full lyrics to the song are included below:

The sky is blue and all the leaves are green.
The sun's as warm as a baked potato.
I think I know precisely what I mean,
When I say it's a shpadoinkle day.

And as I ride with my girl,
She's my best friend in the whole world!
We'll move along, set our goals high
With eyes full of hope as we aim for the...

Sky is blue and all the leaves are green.
My heart's as full as a baked potato.
I think I know precisely what I mean,
When I say it's a shpadoinkle day!
When I say it's a happy-go-moinkaly lucky shpadoinklely...dayyyyyy.

Where am I going with all this nonsense, you ask? Simple. Given the preponderance of quotes, pics, lyrics, and general comical stupidity I believe it is obvious that South Park's mom should be Lost My Heart.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Haha, having typed all that up I seem to have missed the part where Laura said the foal would be by Oak Park.

I'll leave the post up because I happen to love the pic, but obviously a cross between a sprinter and Oak Park won't work at all, so nevermind. (in embarrassment, Kevin slinks away to get more caffeine....)
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

OK. I’m a numbers kinda’ guy and my choice for a mating with Oak Park is Farewellinthedark. Farewellinthedark is a knockout mare with $2,876,000 in earnings who has already produced a standout filly in Favorite Girl. There are no names within the mare’s pedigree that yield a South Park, but where else can you get family with six $1million earners and producers of ONE HUNDRED-ONE offspring that have earned over $1million. Add that to what Oak Park has in his background and you have a plethora of staggering statistics that only seem to say success. With a combined family line that includes undefeated Gothic Dream and Brilliancefindsaway and undefeated filly producers Event of the Year and Serena’s Song, the future looks bright for South Park. With a 3X4 cross to Battle Cry my vote is for this mating is Oak Park – Farewellinthedark.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I think South Park should be out of Santa Anita. 1) The breeding just rocks with a who's who of both RL and Sim dirt routing stars 2)South Park is now actually created in Los Angeles and 3)The South Park creators were 'vindicated" for being outsiders, finding an incredible way to "seek the gold" and "slew" their former bullies with their wit (and there's no better revenge than being happy and living well). :D
I'm just here for the fun of it
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I pick Longlivethesim. Why you ask? I like this mare because Long Live south park. The show must go on and never end because you; Laura, is a fan of south park and also the breeder of Longlivethesim. The name fits and you bred her. The breeding to Oak Park for her also seems A- Okay to me and she is located in kentucky whihc I believe is South. So good mare, nice breeding turnout, you are the breader, and I think the name fits!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

So, since 1997, South Park has been entertaining fans everywhere. Sometimes there views can be seen as offensive, but that is part of the fun of it all. Whether it is just something completely off the wall that catches your attention, or a satirical parody on the real world, Trey Parker and Matt Stone have created a television show that is very amusing. Seemingly nothing has been left untouched by these guys. They've touched on religion, celebrity scandals, natural disasters, gender, death, even a competitive show like Family Guy - no stone left unturned. From Cartman's vulgarity to Kenny's deaths, from Chef's chocolate salty balls to the episode "Trapped in the Closet", South Park has been one thing...

Unbridled Madness.

Therefore, I think South Park should be the child of Oak Park/Unbridled Madness. The Oak Park/Unbridled combination is fairly untested still, so it would be a bit of an experiment, but Unbridled mares have shown the ability to produce some nice routers (e.g. Notorious).

Anyway, like I said. Unbridled Madness!
This is where a creative signature would go.
Anne Conradt

Post by Anne Conradt »

Oak Park X Feature Race.

While she did have over 1/3 of her career winnings in her last race, I always did like the way that Feature Race finished up her career with, I think, six consecutive wins @ 1 1/4 miles or more. I know they were all in South America (those last wins, I mean,), but there were some grade 2s and 3s among those.
She didn't have to travel a lot in that last season, but it's very very hard not to be impressed with the fact that over her last three races, her times kept getting better and better, increasing by 1/4 of a second (approx) with each start. I think she finished by winning the Clasico Pamplona (Gr 1) in a time of 1:59.51, and while she did race against a few three year olds in that race, that time is pretty nice.
I'm really new, so I don't know a great deal about who crosses well with who yet, so I just sort of go on what the prospective stallion and mare did for now. Maybe in a few years, I'll learn what lines cross better with others, but for now, I just have to go with what i know.
Thanks for having the contest, Laura. It's always good to have some thinking excercises.
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

I would love to see South Park as the name of an Oak Park x Farewell Legacy foal. From a breeding standpoint, Oak Park has already shown that he crosses successfully with Fighting With Wit mares, producing horses like <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=30845' target='_blank'>Tapestry</a> and <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=29931' target='_blank'>Madness Gives</a>. Farewell Legacy herself is a multi-millionaire, Grade 1-winning daughter of superstar mare Forever Risk, and she's already produced <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=17253' target='_blank'>Speedboat</a> and <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=34513' target='_blank'>Inherit The Wind</a>, among other successes. The cross would result in 3x3 inbreeding to Battle Cry, so the foal would love the classic distances of the Triple Crown races and beyond. And the name "South Park" is perfect, because that show has been "Fighting With Wit" for years now, never failing to tackle the controversial subjects and testing how far it can go with its humor. So...yeah, Farewell Legacy!

Thanks!
Easy Favorite Stables
Angie Smoo
Two Year Old

Post by Angie Smoo »

South Park is a small town in Colorado and my choice for the future mother of South Park is the filly Talk of the Town. Many times the adventures in South Park begin with bragging and rumors heard down at Skeeter's Bar and *. This "talk of the town" is essential not only to the show but our famed residents of South Park. Being graded stakes placed Talk of the Town is not without talent and the daughter of Broken Vow is poised for success next year in racing and/or motherhood. As mentioned before crossing Oak Park and Unbridled has not often been tried, but this female family does have a very promising Oak Park yearling filly, Snowfloatsonbreeze. And we all know it's always snowing in South Park.
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Laura

I did the same as others and looked to see what has worked in the past. The first horse that I noticed was <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=25512' target='_blank'>Life is My Stage</a>. Oak Park has proven that he will breed well to Oak Park and the great part is that the name is a strech put wouldn't it be great if we were able to make a play named South Park.

Miryam Cornwall
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I like "Yourtearsrainonme". There's nothing significant in the naming, but she performed decently at routing distances and her best foal, Wheely Fun, is at her best routing. Wheely Fun sounds a bit South Park-ish anyway, doesn't it? ;) Eh, not really but she gets my vote since Farewellinthedark was taken!

Also note that one of Oak Park's top 10 runners is out of a Fighting With Wit mare. Potential!
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I have selected Stars that Mystify to be Oak Park's girlfriend and South Park's mommy. Here is why...

I took a look at Oak Park's top 15 earners to see what he was crossing well with. Two influences jumped out at me. The first, Seattle Slew. Just from the top 15, six of them were out of Seattle Slew stallion line mares. The other influence, Silver Charm with four representatives of that sireline on the list. I went looking through your mares and I found Stars That Mystify. She is by Loki Dynasty, fulfilling the Silver Charm requirement and she is out of a Tremendous mare, fulfilling the Seattle Slew side. Also, three of the horses on Oak Park's top 15 (now I feel like I'm talking about MySpace) were out of mares representing the Northern Dancer sireline. The cross would create 3x4 inbreeding to Battle Cry, who we all know is the coolest Northern Dancer rep for dirt in the SIM.

Sorry that was so long, but that's what I came up with! I think it's pretty ultra hot, if I do say so myself.
Kim Plausible
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kim Plausible »

I think South Park should be the kidlet of Flash Fire x Oak Park, for no other reason than, like Kevin, one of my favorite Kenny deaths involves a flash fire.. of sorts. A picture is worth a thousand words so I will let <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCxkKjyQtJA' target='_blank'>this</a> youtube video explain why I think Flash Flood x Oak Park = South Park would be the best match of the season.

Other hilarious (but entirely inappropriate) crosses would be <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufCIFQPd-Q' target='_blank'>Graphic Violence</a> or <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBVkXylG1k' target='_blank'>Holdingoutforahero</a>. Tell me Graphic Violence x Oak Park = South Park isn't hilarious! :D

</end breeding by youtube session>
Send me requests for Feature Race articles!
"Thinking for me rarely ends in fewer than 300 words."