Breeding Help?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

These are the mares I would like some opinions on:

EDIT: Bred now-A.P. Adventure (AP Indy x Nataliano, by Fappiano)
Now, AP Indy is a pretty versatile sire and broodmare sire- but I think he's leaning towards siring more speed than in the old SIM. Check out the two year olds sired by him, and those in which he's the broodmare sire. Lots of speed. But I don't know that an AP Adventure baby would sprint... maybe a miler? So I've been intending to wait and see the outcome of the BC Dirt Mile and perhaps breed her to the winner or someone in the top 4, depending on the pedigree I like best. Plus, AP Adventure had a lot of success in real life around a mile, so yeah. Any thoughts?

Cape Sunset (Cape Town x Indian Sunset, by Storm Bird)
I am very excited about this mare. She is, I believe, a 3/4 sister to Fiery Sunset (who just won the BC Juv Fillies, by the way). But by way of breeding, I don't know where exactly to go with this mare. I mean, obviously a dirt router- but there are tons of those :lol:

I do have other mares to ask about, but I'll add them later today after results. Thanks in advance!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I can't do much research right now because results are being done, but if you're looking at milers for A.P. Adventure, Anthem could work. He was one of the best at a mile. Also, A.P. Indy X Jewel Princess (his second dam) produced Pathfinder, a multiple graded stakes winner. And you can't really go wrong with Symbol. :P
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Okay here are the other mares I was going to ask about:

Silent Happiness (Sunday Silence x Legacy of Strength, by Affirmed)
This mare is a real life G2 winner in Japan. She won the Rose Stakes and the Sankei Sports Sho Yonsai Himba Tokubetsu, if that helps. Her sire is extremely versatile and her female line is completely unique to this mare. She has a 2 year old by El Condor Pasa who has done all right on the turf, but who ironically has her best finish (2nd place) on the dirt. Perhaps that was just a fluke due to lack of competition. So I am still thinking turf for this mare, but any suggestions?

EDIT: Bred now-Sky Alliance (Sky Classic x Swift Alliance, by Afleet)
This mare has a completely unique female line, and she is one of 3 horses in the SIM sired by Sky Classic. Her 3 foals have yet to win, heck, they are still surfaced-confused. And so am I. Help? :wacko:

Terminal Moraine (Anet x Perpetual Light, by Sunny's Halo)
This mare is a half to SCRAPPY T, who is super cool. She is the only horse in the SIM sired by Anet. Ideas?

Sorry to ask about so many at once, but I was saving them all up for this one giant post! B)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

In case you don't know, Sky Alliance has a really nice looking 2YO Dynaformer who debuted at Woodbine yesterday going 6f on the grass, finished 7th but it was a really decent effort considering it was her first start. Name's Ocala Sky. :)

[Edit: Gah. Okay, so I only just noticed that the mare has a 4YO Dynaformer in the SIM who didn't do much. Oops.]

Well, anyway, the family in RL has had some success with Danzig (through Belong To Me, FWIW), and there's certainly no lack of Danzig line horses to choose from.

I really like Blushing Groom line horses over Nijinsky (the cross that's responsible for Fantastic Light and Sky Beauty, among others)...
Noverre was a very nice racehorse and a Noverre-Sky Alliance baby would be 3x4 Northern Dancer which I don't really see as being too close for comfort.
Bago is off to a nice start at SIM stud and that baby would be 4x4 to both ND and Mr. P.
Golan was also outstanding on the track, he's already bred on the Blushing Groom-Nijinsky cross (through Caerleon, so Nijinsky is in his fifth generation back) so that might make an interesting option for your mare.
Finally, I really like Leroidesanimaux, he was a miler but on his dam's side he is bred to run all day and all night over broken glass, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets babies that can go a little longer too. That baby would be 5x4 Northern Dancer.

The Sunday Silence line might also be one to consider.

Hope this was a bit of help :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

As for the Anet mare, Anet's only big horse is Happy Ticket, and she's out of a Septieme Ciel (by Seattle Slew) mare; Scrappy T is also Bold Ruler line. Seattle Slew is just about the only way to get a piece of the Bold Ruler tail-male line in the SIM, apparently, but it's not like there's any lack of Slew-line stallions, lol.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Bump

Plus, I bred Sky Alliance already- thanks Laura! I'm still unsure about the 1/2 to Scrappy T though.

And I've sent AP Adventure to Anthem- Lightninginabottle is also a Symbol son, but I decided I like the cross with Anthem better :D

Any help with the others?
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Okay, I'm cleaning up this post a little, these are the ones left for me to breed:

Cape Sunset (Cape Town x Indian Sunset, by Storm Bird)
I am very excited about this mare. She is, I believe, a 3/4 sister to Fiery Sunset (BC Juv Fillies winner).
CONSIDERING: Storm a Fortress (he is hot with this mare), or Saga (but it would be 2x3 to full siblings Indian Sunset and Battle Cry... those are super sound horses though, and considering Saga would be the daddy, the inbreeding would be a good thing?)

Terminal Moraine (Anet x Perpetual Light, by Sunny's Halo)
This mare is a half to SCRAPPY T, who is super cool in my opinion. She is the only horse in the SIM sired by Anet. I do like the Bold Ruler line idea from Laura S- my own Glitterman is the horse in the SIM with the closest Bold Ruler blood, but given his sprint tendencies that might be a bad idea? On the Seattle Slew angle, I like Vindication a good bit. Or Tremendous looks nice, and Congrats could be interesting. But I am open to any suggestions!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

With Terminal Moraine, trying to find something from Fit To Fight in the lines is an exercise in futility, but Fit to Fight's sire, Chieftan, is found way back in the pedigree of Lost In The Fog, so there's an idea. Chieftan is a son of Bold Ruler, which makes any Seattle Slew-line horse immediately an option. I saw a picture of Vindication in the Bloodhorse today and he is a stunning specimen, he's a great option, Mineshaft is a stallion who I think should be HUGE in the SIM, and then you've of course got options like Tremendous, Silver Train, or any sons of Pulpit. Speightstown carries some Chieftan fairly far back in the pedigree, so he might be worth a look, though the Slew blood seems to me to be the way to go on account of the fact that I'd be looking for a miler/9f horse from this mare. Your mare's female family is SO obscure that I don't even know how to start.

The Royal Academy filly that she has seems kind of out of place, I get the feeling that it made more sense in real life than it does in the SIM.

As to Cape Sunset, she's a very pleaseant mare to look at. Her dam is a full sister to Battle Cry and a half sister to the promising SIM sire Desert Warrior, so a cross to a Deputy Minister-line stallion (Ghostzapper, Tribunal, Forest Camp, and Ten Most Wanted come to mind) or to something that has crossed well with Battle Cry (i.e. Sunday Silence/Silver Charm/Gentleman) are the ways that I'd be looking.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Thanks Eric! :)