Preakness Hotel

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

So AR and I decided that we were going to stay at the Sheraton BWI. It's a nice looking place and it's only 120/night with taxes and fees. HE's booked his room and Amy and I are going to get 1 or 2 others depending on who's going. Anyway so if you guys who are going want to stay at same hotel that's where we are going to be at.

<a href='http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels.com ... 907_NAD_FM' target='_blank'>Sheraton BWI</a>
A.R. Roberts

Post by A.R. Roberts »

This is going to be fun.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Oh man, I'd love to stay there but it's WAY too expensive for me! Maybe we'll have to find the cheap option for the poor folk like myself to stay at.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Alysse Jacobs wrote: Oh man, I'd love to stay there but it's WAY too expensive for me! Maybe we'll have to find the cheap option for the poor folk like myself to stay at.
Just room with me! If we get 4 to a room that's only 30/night! not terrible!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Yeah that's actually not too horrible. I think I'll have to see how many days I'll be down there, and in the event that Em gets me in with HRTV I might just have to go with something closest to the track.
A.R. Roberts

Post by A.R. Roberts »

Do not stay at the Red Roof near the track. Trust me. Pimlico is not in the best area, and if you want to stay the closest to the track, perhaps Pikesville is the best bet.

For a decent place in and around Baltimore that weekend, its going to be hard to find a hotel for less then $80. before tax and fees.

Just remember do not stay at the Red Roof Inn near the track, yikes!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Ha, don't worry, I've been to the Pimlico Preakness way more than once and am familiar with the area. Wherever we stayed last year was reasonable for the price and distance, but I can't remember the name to save my life.
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

Alysse Jacobs wrote: Ha, don't worry, I've been to the Pimlico Preakness way more than once and am familiar with the area. Wherever we stayed last year was reasonable for the price and distance, but I can't remember the name to save my life.
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the insane amount of drinking that went on that weekend...?

Too bad the thing with the rooms and The Hut is WAY out of your price range, because wouldn't that just rock life to go back to The Hut?
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Ryen Hanna wrote:
Alysse Jacobs wrote: Ha, don't worry, I've been to the Pimlico Preakness way more than once and am familiar with the area.  Wherever we stayed last year was reasonable for the price and distance, but I can't remember the name to save my life.
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the insane amount of drinking that went on that weekend...?

Too bad the thing with the rooms and The Hut is WAY out of your price range, because wouldn't that just rock life to go back to The Hut?
Who, me, Brandon, Nikki and Jackie drinking? Neeeeever!

I SO wish we could go back to the thing with the rooms and The Hut! Maybe we should just go visit The Hut. We didn't need room keys to get there.

<a href='http://www.radisson.com/baltimoremd?s_cid=L6845364' target='_blank'>*sigh* Meeeemoriiiies....</a>
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

They should put a picture of The Hut up on their website.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm laughing hysterically. Does it have to do with the fact that I'm slightly drunk right now, or the fact that I am remembering being way too drunk to remember ANYTHING from Preakness 2007????? That was one of the greatest nights EVER!!! Lysse, you should post some of those pictures, because they are hilarious! I really hope I can make at least ONE night this year!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

<a href='http://centenarycollege.facebook.com/al ... =141400004' target='_blank'>Muahaha, Freakness pics!</a>

I *think* that link works if you don't have Facebook. If not, sorry, that's the only place I have the pics.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

YAY Lyssie!!!! I'm starting to sober up right now, but looking at those pictures are quite fun!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

I always look at those pics when I'm in need of a good laugh.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I just wanted to say that I'm 99% sure my bowling league is over the week before the Preakness, so I could probably make a Friday dinner for anyone who could do that!
Inspiration Stud