Really Confused

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

I'm kind of confused because I entered Psalm in an allowance for week 15 in England, but it never ran, it now says the race is for week 16, though I entered her in the race when it said week 15. Just wondering why it didn't run. Thanks
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

The best way to resolve a question like this is to send the steward an e-mail via the question box at the bottom of the main page. She's ultimately the only one that can give you a comprehensive answer, anything that you get from us on the board is basically "best guess" stuff that may or may not be correct, and I haven't seen a situation like this before, unless its something as simple as accidentially typing the wrong race number when you entered her and by random chance windup up in a Week 16 race of the same basic format...

-Eric
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Because Psalm's race didn't draw enough entries (only 2).

Races must have 3 entries to fill and 4 to go.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

Oh... ok thanks. Was just wondering
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

The Steward wrote: Races must have 3 entries to fill and 4 to go.
Wait, but I had a filly entered into a maiden race in Japan that drew only 3 entries and still ran?

Seems like the 2 year old non-maidens arent filling up very well... its a shame: i was looking forward to seeing Read the Book (a gelding of mine who is 2 and broke his maiden weeks ago) but it seems his race got delayed too.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Its a problem that I believe the Steward anticipated having; as a result of the fact that when the SIM closed, the number of yearlings bred was WAY down, there were basically no two year olds to start the year. There are now 1178 after all the sale page horses have been created and such, but compare that to 2233 3-year olds, 2226 4 year olds, and 1874 yearlings (still counting, reasonable to expect that number to hit 2000 by the time its all said and done). There are going to be a few short fields, but its a problem that should be mostly resolved by Week 6 or 7 next year when most races become 3+.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Unfortunately Alexandra Jaysman ran out of fillers. It's that bad!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

The Steward wrote: Unfortunately Alexandra Jaysman ran out of fillers. It's that bad!
Wait a minute, now I feel really silly. I've bought a couple of horses off Alexandra Jaysman...is she the one who's actually a computer???
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

NikkiSherman wrote:
The Steward wrote: Unfortunately Alexandra Jaysman ran out of fillers. It's that bad!
Wait a minute, now I feel really silly. I've bought a couple of horses off Alexandra Jaysman...is she the one who's actually a computer???
She's the computer, I'm pretty sure. If you give horses away, you give them to her, and then the Steward sells horses off of her page, like horses are sold from the Auction Block stables.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Yes Alexandra is the computer. She is the race filler upper, place to give away horses that are unwanted and actually has done some breeding. One of her horses actually beat one of my horses last week in a small field, but usually they will come in last. Poor Alexandra... but we still love her. :D
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I bought a filly from her name Dubai Carnegie and she actually ran 2nd in an Allownace to Jenga (the Ouija Board filly). She's earned money in every start I think... I like her. LOL
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Oh sorry, I didn't mean the horses she breeds come in last. I meant the race fillers she enters come in last... or most of the time do.;)

I think some of the AJ breds are doing well actually.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Personally, I would have no problem buying a horse off AJ.. I'd think of it as a hint the horse isn't as bad as it seems. Lots of people give up on horses too fast, others not fast enough, but it's always worth a shot right?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I've bought several decent ones from Alexandra Jaysman, and I have two Jaysman-bred 2YOs, a filly that's (2)0-0-1 and a colt that's (2)1-1-0, both of whom I'm high on. The colt is going in the KY Jockey Club at Churchill this week, facing, among others, another Jaysman-bred, one of Daryl's colts, who'd probably be odds-on if this were a RL race. ;)

So she ain't doing so bad for herself after all.:P

What I want to know is, what does the "NSL" on her silks stand for? That's been bugging me, LOL.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

"NSL" - hee hee hee.

Well I don't know if I should spill the beans or not...

Ok I will!
Alexandra is a complicated gal and she wanted to have this "quote" on her silks. "NO SORE LOSERS!"

But there is a limit on how many letters/symbols can be on the silks, so she just went with "NSL". It's to make us all remember it's just a game and have a giggle.