Chris' Missile

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

It all started with a phone conversation. And someone thinking I was "tracking" them! So as a joke, I receive this gift of a CAH named Chris' Missile.

So I accept him, laughing at the name and the reference to a funny moment I had in a phone conversation. He goes out his first race, fresh from the cabbage patch and breaks his maiden at Toronto with a solid three and three quarter margin. Wow, I thought, let me bump him up to a listed New Player Stakes and give it a go.

The rest is history.

In that history, a rivalry with some horse <giggle> named Cosmonaut developed. So, I figure with year 21 approaching, I'll take it race by race and see how the old Missile fires. Some time this year, he will retire to Enchantment Stables in New Mexico to renew that rivalry with Cosmonaut. As one of the few sons of Super Speed, he will be a rare sire at first, until we see how some of the other CAH's pan out.

But in the end, what was a silly gift, ended up being my best horse. How cool is that?

A big thanks to Jolene for the gift of this horse, and his SIMage as well. Your kindness knows no limits.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I LOVE the missile! LOL of course who doesn't, I can't wait for him to hit the shed. Cosmo has a spot waiting for him.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

I had to resurrect this post thanks to Lisa, just because she found my new favorite horse.

Lisa had linked to me <a href='http://www.obssales.com/adecatalog/2007/19.PDF' target='_blank'>This Horse.</a> And noted she had found the Real Chris' Missile. And I looked and got all giddy and giggly! I have found my new favorite horse and can't wait to try and see her run!

<a href='http://www.pedigreequery.com/halloween+queen2' target='_blank'>The Real Chris' Missile!</a>
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

<a href='http://youtube.com/watch?v=00I6Jwy4q28' target='_blank'>http://youtube.com/watch?v=00I6Jwy4q28</a>

WOOOOOOOO Lisa! Thanks for the video link! The REAL Missile (she should have been!)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I don't think I ever knew the story behind the name. I always saw the name and assumed that I didn't WANT to know the story behind the name!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Well Em was driving back from Del Mar late one night. She was talking to Chris for awhile and he randomly busted out with, "Are you in a highly populated area, or all Alone?" and then the phone cuts out. So Em calls me and said Chris just said the oddest thing to me. And we decided that he was trying to target her with a missile. As a side note, Em and I often end up talking about car bombs or other sorts of explosives. I'm sure we're on some lists... anyway, She was kinda freaked out about it and i just found it amusing. So eventually she gets him back and tells him not to fire on here or something. By that time i've made that horse and sent it to him. So he can keep his missile in the barn.

the end.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

I was just trying to make sure she was ok! It was late, and I'm not the best person with words! haha