Immediate Dividends

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Nope there's no horse called Immediate Dividends although I like that name very much.

I haven't had the big, big horse but I'm working on it. I have three horses that paid immediate dividends and pay a lot of my bills.

Knighted was my first really big purchase. I negotiated a price of $125K. He was already shipped and entered in a G1 race in South Africa. A few days after purchase he wins the race and $150K. He's made another $275K even though I've really tried to mess him up. He needs another $130K to get to a million.

Kinda Crazy was a recent 2 year old purchase who I got for $50K. He's won two in a row for $85K and I'm pretty excited after winning a G1 in Brazil by 8 3/4 lenghts.

The third is Barbados. I really bought this guy because I had just gotten the farm in Barbados plus the fact he was recently gelded and he was inexpensive at $10K. Let's just say he's two for two with a G3 and G2 win and $125K in earnings.

Any horse who recoops his/her purchase price in a short period of time is a favorite of mine but I really like these guys.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Call me crazy, Keith, but given Kinda Crazy's G1 performance in Brazil, I'd say he has "Big Horse" potential written all over him.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I just noticed this thread, but thought I would mention that my mouth dropped wide open when I saw he won that G1. I can't say I don't regret selling him (or his mom!), but I will still continue rooting him on!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds