Sky Mesa

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

In an effort to spread some of Sky Mesa's most recent offspring around outside of my own stable, I've put 5 yearlings by him on the sales page for just $7,500 apiece. Although he has yet to sire his "big horse" in the SIM, most of his foals do go on to break their maiden at the very least and should certainly win back their $7,500 purchase price!

I am going to pension this real-life stakes winner later this year due to lack of interest, so why not go ahead and take a chance on some of his last foals!

Thanks for looking!
Easy Favorite Stables
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

There are still 2 Sky Mesa yearlings left on the sales page, both of them fillies. Remember, you can't go wrong for $7,500!

Thanks to Miryam Cornwall, Beathan Vale, and Chazow Dealhoy for already picking up a yearling each!
Easy Favorite Stables
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Tower Junction told me she wanted some family at Beagle Farms, so we purchased Synapse.

Thanks Amy!!

Leo
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I have a Sky Mesa two year old I really, really like. So I endorse him. :)
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

Mallory Claire wrote: I have a Sky Mesa two year old I really, really like. So I endorse him. :)
You must be talking about City Upon A Hill! I'm definitely keeping an eye on her too. One of the reasons I'm holding off on pensioning Sky Mesa is that I want to see how she does this year. :)

And, thanks to Chuck Whittingham and Leonard Beagle for picking up the last 2 for sale! I hope everyone's yearlings work out well for them!
Easy Favorite Stables
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Amy Atkins wrote:
Mallory Claire wrote: I have a Sky Mesa two year old I really, really like. So I endorse him. :)
You must be talking about City Upon A Hill! I'm definitely keeping an eye on her too. One of the reasons I'm holding off on pensioning Sky Mesa is that I want to see how she does this year. :)

And, thanks to Chuck Whittingham and Leonard Beagle for picking up the last 2 for sale! I hope everyone's yearlings work out well for them!
No, don't pension! I'd even buy him if you wanted to get rid of him. I like the idea of him as a turf sire. I even bought <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=42621' target='_blank'>this filly</a>, who is very closely bred and has been pretty zippy in workouts.

*goes to find a mare to send to Sky Mesa*
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

Well, I was only planning to pension him because he hadn't gotten many outside mares in the last 2 years, and his few offspring to date haven't exactly hit it big either, so I thought there wouldn't be any more interest in him. But now that I know people like you might send something his way (and actually, someone else just bred to him today), I'm definitely inclined to keep him in action longer!
Easy Favorite Stables
Greentree Racing
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Greentree Racing »

Edited because post now irrelevant.
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

OK, I guess there's more interest in Sky Mesa than I originally thought! :)

He will definitely not be pensioned now, because lack of interest was really my only reason for considering it. I really like him (was a fan of the real-life version), but I just don't have the mares to continue supporting him all on my own. So I'll be expecting him to get some outside mares from all of you this year! ;)
Easy Favorite Stables
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Amy Atkins wrote: OK, I guess there's more interest in Sky Mesa than I originally thought!  :)

He will definitely not be pensioned now, because lack of interest was really my only reason for considering it. I really like him (was a fan of the real-life version), but I just don't have the mares to continue supporting him all on my own. So I'll be expecting him to get some outside mares from all of you this year! ;)
Sounds like a challenge to me! I will most definitely breed to Sky Mesa this year, maybe even with more than one mare.

Could we go ahead and set up a race for Year 23?

Week 1, Year 23
Hot Springs Park, 4 Furlongs, Dirt, Sky-Mesa Breds Only.

I would so win that race!

:D :D ;)
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

Leonard Beagle wrote: Sounds like a challenge to me! I will most definitely breed to Sky Mesa this year, maybe even with more than one mare.

Could we go ahead and set up a race for Year 23?

Week 1, Year 23
Hot Springs Park, 4 Furlongs, Dirt, Sky-Mesa Breds Only.

I would so win that race!

:D :D ;)
Oh, it's definitely a challenge! ;) Sky Mesa is very much looking forward to visiting with all the ladies sent his way! You're already responsible for 1 of his 2 measly outside breedings from Year 20, so he'd love to see any more mares you have for him.

And LOL, I like the idea of a Sky Mesa-bred race. I've been sending him a mix of dirt and turf mares because I'm not really sure who he'll be most successful with, so it would have to be a dual surface event!
Easy Favorite Stables
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I don't know about you guys, but Sky Mesa screams TURF TURF TURF to me. So I don't think a dirt race is well-suited for his foals! I bet if he received more turf miler/sprinterish mares, his numbers would significantly improve. I'd say he's better bred than Seer, and I really like him as a sire as well. He was a great turf miler.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I agree with Mallory. He seems like a big turf influence to me.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Janie Jackson
Eclipse Champion

Post by Janie Jackson »

I'm looking for a mare for him... what do you think of <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horseped. ... seID=34118' target='_blank'>Mystery Girl</a>?

I have no idea what distance she wants, but I'm assuming she is going to produce turf horses best. I was dumb and retired her at two.. so she never got a chance to show me what she wanted....
Standing:
Passer: 20k(thoroughbred)
Pace On: 20k (pacer) SIMMY winner
Luck Now: 14k (pacer)
Zamil: 8k (arabian)
Hemingway: 8k (thoroughbred) SIMMY winner
Zimm's Gambler: 3k (appaloosa) SIMMY winner
Mr. Cellophane: 3k (quarter horse)
Foxed Knocks: 3k (trotter)
Zimm's Jolly Jim: 3k (appaloosa)
Amy Atkins
Turf Router

Post by Amy Atkins »

One of the first things I learned about SIM breeding is that Storm Cat is pretty much always a turf influence here, so his being in Sky Mesa's pedigree said "turf" to me too. But most of the mares he'd gotten before had been dirt, so I just blindly went along with that for a while. In Year 20, I sent him kind of a mix of the two, but so far this year he's only gotten turf mares from me.

I really appreciate it that people who've been around here a while (on this thread in particular, Mallory and Nikki) have given their thoughts on him and confirmed what I had been thinking about his "turfy-ness". And thanks to all for the sudden pick up in interest! :)
Easy Favorite Stables