Stakes Gelding Giveaway

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Horse: <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27347' target='_blank'>Saratoga Mist</a> is a stakes winning, 5-year-old dirt sprinter gelding. With good management he will make good money for somebody.

Eligible: Newbie and Junior High players.

How To Enter: PM me in the Game. "Giveaway" should be the subject. In your message I want you to pretend you have the opportunity to sponsor a race for this horse. That means you get to pick whatever conditions you want (save track condition). It should read something like this...

Year 21 Week __ (Day of Week) Track. Distance. Surface. "Name Your Race For Fun." Age. Condition. Purse $$$

You may also include special restrictions.

I will take entries until results are run next Friday and sometime after that I will pick the winner.

Now ENTER! This is a cool horse just sitting in my barn!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

I still can't believe how few entries I'm getting. Did you guys not notice that this horse is a young stakes winner with lots of life left in him and he's being given away for FREE?!

C'mon, send in your entries! They're still being taken until results are posted tomorrow. Just make sure you follow the instructions, be thoughtful and get it in on time!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Well, I got fewer entires than I expected for such a nice horse but I did get a good winner from them. Congrats to Meagan D'Amoure! How did Meagan win? Here is her entry.

Year 21 Week 3 (Tuesday) Trial Park. 6 furlongs. Dirt. "Alysse The Beast Is Terrible Stakes." 4 year olds and up. New Players Only. Stakes. Purse $75,000.

You will notice that I opened this contest only to New Players and Junior High players. I did this for a very specific reason. The first is, obviously, to give them a nice horse. The second is because I think this horse would really be able to clean up those restricted stakes.

I received two entries that restricted the race to New Player statuses.

How did I pick Meagan's over the other?

Simple - follow directions! While Meagan followed them and sent me her entry through game private messaging, the other entry I got was in the forum private messaging. The ability to follow the directions is just a little stickler to me, so Meagan got the horse. For what it's worth, the other entry was for a 7 furlong race and I believe Mister is better going 6 furlongs (based on his no wins for any attempt going 7 furlongs) so even if the other entry was received the proper way, Meagan still would have won.

So again, congrats to Meagan and good luck with Mister!
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

Thanks Alysse! I'm so thrilled to have him in my barn. :)
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Eric Larrow
Miler

Post by Eric Larrow »

Alysse Jacobs wrote: Well, I got fewer entires than I expected for such a nice horse but I did get a good winner from them. Congrats to Meagan D'Amoure! How did Meagan win? Here is her entry.

Year 21 Week 3 (Tuesday) Trial Park. 6 furlongs. Dirt. "Alysse The Beast Is Terrible Stakes." 4 year olds and up. New Players Only. Stakes. Purse $75,000.

You will notice that I opened this contest only to New Players and Junior High players. I did this for a very specific reason. The first is, obviously, to give them a nice horse. The second is because I think this horse would really be able to clean up those restricted stakes.

I received two entries that restricted the race to New Player statuses.

How did I pick Meagan's over the other?

Simple - follow directions! While Meagan followed them and sent me her entry through game private messaging, the other entry I got was in the forum private messaging. The ability to follow the directions is just a little stickler to me, so Meagan got the horse. For what it's worth, the other entry was for a 7 furlong race and I believe Mister is better going 6 furlongs (based on his no wins for any attempt going 7 furlongs) so even if the other entry was received the proper way, Meagan still would have won.

So again, congrats to Meagan and good luck with Mister!
Uhhhhhhh. What's the difference between forum and game PMs? I thought they were the same. If there are indeed 2 types of PMs. Lol.