Magnificent Honour

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Josh Dutzy
Classic Contender

Post by Josh Dutzy »

I was wondering if i could get some opinions on Magnificent Honour. She is a 5 year old half sister to real life horse Jazil by A.P. Indy. Early in SIM year 16, she finished 2nd in 2 MSW events.....one at 7f and one at 9f. After I took over her training she had 2 unsuccessful races at 9f and I decided to retire her. So to me, she seems middle distance/dirt. I am having trouble finidng a stallion I like without too much inbreeding. Any suggestions?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Why not go the tried and true route and cross her to Petionville, bringing in Seeking The Gold? Petionville carries the extra benefit of being a half brother to Pike Place Dancer, who from a perspective of producing stellar stallions, has no SIM equal (including Sahara Gold or Serena's Song), accounting for Fighting With Wit, Tremendous, and Walkover all on her own.

If you don't like that method, I sent Jazil's dam to Oak Park and his half sister to Strong Hope. I really like Oak Park as a stallion prospect, and the reasoning on Strong Hope is that any dirt-oriented Mr. Prospector-line horse will probably get the job done. Other appealing candidates from that line are Empire Maker, Red Bullet and other Unbridled line horses, Roman Ruler/Bandini, or even a horse like Came Home, who is especially appealing in that he's a half brother to A.P. Assay, a real-life stakes winner by A.P. Indy. King of a 2-for-1 deal there, you get the Mr. Prospector plus the interesting female family, that woudl be pretty slick.
Josh Dutzy
Classic Contender

Post by Josh Dutzy »

Yeah, Petionville was one of my choices, and i saw that you sent Jazil's damn to Oak Park. Came home was another horse I looked at also, but I think I'm going to go with Petionville....