Preakness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Hey all,

I have an extra ticket for the Preakness with all the other SIMsters. It cost me $100 but I'm trying to get rid of it for $75. Is anyone going that doesn't have a ticket already?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sold it! Woohoo!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Much sadness! I was actually considering going if my little sis still had crash space for me.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

She sold it TO ME, btw! Woohooo I'm going to the Preakness!!!!!!!

Me = :D

You should come, Isa!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I want to.. just don't know how I'll scrape together $100 to make it. Trying hard to! Especially now I can trust where Parker is.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I can't make the Preakness itself because I have to go to a wedding that day (POOEY), but I'll be down there staying with some of the greatest SIMsters ever for the two days prior! Yay!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

I'll be there! Yay!
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I've been told that I should make my plans known, so here we go...

I will be at the Preakness Stakes. I will not, unfortunately, be able to make the Friday night dinner thingy.

But we're driving up (leaving the Blue Ridge Mountain area of NC 3am Saturday) to make the races, see people, hang out, then crash violently, having been up for about a hundred consecutive hours.

Tickets are pending (I have a few questions about whether getting infield seats is similar to requesting to be spit on repeatedly by people mainlining cough syrup or whatever Maryland people drink.)

But I'll be there.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Scott, spend the $75 per head and just buy real seats. The infield is an experience, but if you're driving all the way up from Nowhere, America, then you might as well actually have some seats.

By the way, if you did leave that early, you'll probably miss out on a "good" infield seat anyway.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

J Slotman wrote: Scott, spend the $75 per head and just buy real seats. The infield is an experience, but if you're driving all the way up from Nowhere, America, then you might as well actually have some seats.

By the way, if you did leave that early, you'll probably miss out on a "good" infield seat anyway.
I went ahead and got top of the stretch tickets. I figured if I was going to invest a six hour drive, I should go ahead and get the seats I wanted.

These will be different, sayeth the Pimlico people, because the chairs will have backs! Isnt that nice.

But I'm really looking forward to it now.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Scotty, TOTS tickets are great for a couple reasons. One, you'll have a great view of - as the ticket type would indicate - the top of the stretch. The second thing to remember is that you are also technically in the infield with those seats, so you shold have a good view of the general spectacle happening at Old Hilltop. Enjoy!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

My ticket for Black-Eyed Susan day was waiting for me in the mail, so now I'm officially excited. I'll be there three days from now - I can hardly believe it!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Laura F. wrote: My ticket for Black-Eyed Susan day was waiting for me in the mail, so now I'm officially excited. I'll be there three days from now - I can hardly believe it!
FREAKNESS IS COMING!!!!!

The insanity starts tomorrow! Bring it on!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! FREAKNESS!
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

We have our TOTS tickets! I wish i was there already. Stupid Monday (now Tuesday)