Preakness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Scott, two things:

PLEASE bring your camera to the race, and if you do, you will have the greatest view of everyone of the insanity that is the Preakness infield. Find the port-a-potties and wait for the 100 port-a-potty dash to begin.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Doug Kidwell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Doug Kidwell »

The port-a-potty dash is great. Just watch out for the idiots that like to throw full beer can's into crowds.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

So seriously now, who is heading to the dinner on Friday (or even whatever event is supposedly happening tonight)? I'm dying to know who I will get to meet! Keep in mind that I will *not* be at the Preakness itself, as I have a wedding, so if you are only going to the race on Saturday, that's sad for me!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
A.R. Roberts

Post by A.R. Roberts »

NikkiSherman wrote: So seriously now, who is heading to the dinner on Friday (or even whatever event is supposedly happening tonight)? I'm dying to know who I will get to meet! Keep in mind that I will *not* be at the Preakness itself, as I have a wedding, so if you are only going to the race on Saturday, that's sad for me!
Get pumped up for Michael's 32oz. Crabcake...

That is all...
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Nikki, unfortunately I won't be able to make it until Saturday morning due to the rigid inflexibility of my new job, which I love but kinda sucks when it comes to these kind of outings.

I WILL be bringing my camera, which is charging as we speak, and I'm sure I'll take some really terrible pictures of the infield and possibly actual horses.

I am the world's worst photographer (partially color blind, shaky hands, can't remember which buttons to push and which ones start the car, etc.) but I shall do my best.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

I will be there for dinner Friday until Sunday afternoon. =) I'm excited to meet you all!
Doug Kidwell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Doug Kidwell »

I will be there for dinner. I don't think I am going to eat all day friday so I can finish that 2lb Crab Cake.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I should be there just in time for the Friday night dinner. I'll be driving 10 hours, so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get tied up in traffic somewhere.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I won't be there until probably about 2pm on Saturday. Anyone up for Saturday night dinner? I was thinking maybe somewhere in Inner Harbor?
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Where are you fools staying again? I have dinner plans Saturday night, but Power Plant Live is no joke for a post-Preakness party.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We're spread out - half at the press hotel in Pikesville, half near BWI.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Doug Kidwell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Doug Kidwell »

Thanks AS! I still have half of it in the fridge. Hopefully I can finish it for lunch.
A.R. Roberts

Post by A.R. Roberts »

ASchmidt wrote: I MISS FREAKNESS!! haha. I made it home from Baltimore to good ol' Cassandra, PA in 2.75 hours, it just may be a record. When I called Pat at 10 AM from the road and pulled into the driveway at 12:45 he was a little shocked.
Lead Foot A.S.

Freakness rocked!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I had fun while I was there, but was sad when I had to leave. I just can't wait to see all the pictures!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Doug Kidwell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Doug Kidwell »

I also had a great time. We need to get together again...we had way to much fun.