Giacomo...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

Amanda Saunders wrote:
Faith Powers wrote: Preachinatthebar deserved the win. He had to handle the speed duel, and he still had enough for the end. Preachinatthebar is a far better horse with a far better record. I am very unhappy with the outcome of this race.
Girl, you have picked the wrong place to publicly verbalize your dislike of Giacomo. Giacomo is TurfAngels' mascot, we followed that horse from foal to now, you are in the presence of several people who are not just fans, but adore this horse. Our own Steward, lucky girl (*pouts*), gets to see him every day.

The happiest day of my life is when Giacomo crossed that wire FIRST in the Kentucky Derby. ANY horse able to do that deserves the highest respect.
I never said I disliked him, no. I like the horse, he just never should have beaten Preach. I was happy when he won the Derby, but not when he beat a horse I have been following since he was running in Derby preps. It's as simple as that.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

How's this for crazy - I met Preacher's MOM when she was a 2yo in Baffert's barn. So technically.... I've loved Preacher since then! I remember she was sleeping on her side in her stall all stretched out in the afternoon. I liked to watch her run, too.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

The Steward wrote: How's this for crazy - I met Preacher's MOM when she was a 2yo in Baffert's barn. So technically.... I've loved Preacher since then! I remember she was sleeping on her side in her stall all stretched out in the afternoon. I liked to watch her run, too.
That...is awesome :D
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

And Giacomo's half brother Falcon Scott just won at Del Mar...on the turf for the first time...

GO SCOTT!
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Falcon Scott was impressive! Hope to see more runs like that from him... such a nice looking horse B)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Dave Shields wrote: Falcon Scott was impressive! Hope to see more runs like that from him... such a nice looking horse B)
Hahaha... he looks just like Giacomo! Only brown :D
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

He's also bigger... and meaner.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

He read the bio on Lokite Magic and decided that he wanted to be JUST like him!

*lurves her mean old Magic*
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I dont get to watch racing very often and only been to one other track other than Indiana Downs(I live like 5min from it) But everytime I watch it I cant hardley sit still. My chest was hurting from the excitement of watching Giacomo burst down the final stretch. I was just floored! I always knew he was a great horse but now hes won my heart!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner