Giacomo...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Well I just watched as he took the San Diego Handicap. I am so proud of him and all the connections. My neighbors were probably freaking out with me yelling "get up there!!!" over and over... hee hee. :)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>GIACOMO!!</span>
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My head STILL hurts from all the screaming.

My boss and alllll my co workers have been telling me all week there's no way he'll win. So when I was delivering the race chart I said to my boss, "Hey! Did you hear that Giacomo won?!"

He looked at me with a glare and said, "Hear that he won? I was standing next to you!!!!"
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

GIACOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

The Steward wrote:He looked at me with a glare and said, "Hear that he won? I was standing next to you!!!!"
AAAHHHahahahahahaha! Image
~ Mandy ~

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

LOVE HIM!! LOL My co-worker thought that I was going to die! LOL I couldn't breathe after the race from yelling so loudly. I heart him.

Everyone around me was also saying that he'd have no shot. Some one said what is it a 5000 claimer, another said he'd never win again. All of them had a good laugh over thier jokes... They weren't back again after that race. Well the one guy had a comment about "what are they all California breds" I said only 1, only 1 and he was no where...

Anyway I had the last laugh yesterday at work as well.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Dear Mike Smith:
I love you.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

JoleneD wrote: LOVE HIM!! LOL My co-worker thought that I was going to die! LOL I couldn't breathe after the race from yelling so loudly. I heart him.

Everyone around me was also saying that he'd have no shot. Some one said what is it a 5000 claimer, another said he'd never win again. All of them had a good laugh over thier jokes... They weren't back again after that race. Well the one guy had a comment about "what are they all California breds" I said only 1, only 1 and he was no where...

Anyway I had the last laugh yesterday at work as well.
Heh.. the year Giacomo won the Derby, I had to work, so I couldn't watch him run (very depressing). I emailed my dad and said, "Hey.. let me know if Giacomo wins because I really like him a lot." My dad answered, "You DO know what I taught you about odds, right? Do you KNOW what kind of odds he has against him??" (My dad used to live across the street from a thoroughbred barn. He would pick stalls in exchange for a lesson a week. Thoroughbred is the one language he and I can speak together.)

When he won, my dad told me that I can pick his horse to bet on any day.
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

Preachinatthebar deserved the win. He had to handle the speed duel, and he still had enough for the end. Preachinatthebar is a far better horse with a far better record. I am very unhappy with the outcome of this race.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Hon, Giacomo deserved it just as much as the next horse. Your horse might be best overall, but that day in that race, he was the best.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Faith Powers wrote: Preachinatthebar deserved the win. He had to handle the speed duel, and he still had enough for the end. Preachinatthebar is a far better horse with a far better record. I am very unhappy with the outcome of this race.
I am pretty sure in racing the winner deserves the win, that's how racing goes. Of course there are exceptions, but it was a clean race. I like several of the horses in that race including Preachin', it just wasn't Preachin's day. However, they all survived to race another day and that's the silver lining.

Do I think Giacomo is the greatest horse ever? Well, yeah, but there is a story behind that and it has more "personal meaning" than the horse actually being the "greatest horse ever". If you care for a detailed story, email me or PM me ;)

I myself am guilty of saying things like "so and so didn't deserve that win!!", but in reality I am just being emotional (oh the shock and horror, I just said emotional - sorry guys I blew our cover ;) ) and can't think of anything else to say when "my" horse didn't win.

So basically it just comes down to our opinions, and we all have them... It's ok to dislike Giacomo, heck I am of the belief the few "Yay! Giacomo!! 'ers" here are the only ones who like him. Well, maybe a few who picked him as a long shot in the Derby too.

I think Preachin' is an awesome horse, however, he has yet to win a Grade I (has one grade II and several grade III's though). Giacomo has won the biggest race in horse racing (I know I know, you are thinking "oh that was a fluke...") and finished 2nd in another grade I and won a grade II. Or you can also look at the money... Giacomo over $2 million... Preachin' just over $700k (4 of Preachin's wins are allowances as well). And yet another stat, Giacomo has been in the top 3; 9 of 13, Preachin'; 12 of 26. Enough of the stats though... I respect opinions, but when it comes down to who really is the better horse... well... I think I am done here. :)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Faith Powers wrote: Preachinatthebar deserved the win. He had to handle the speed duel, and he still had enough for the end. Preachinatthebar is a far better horse with a far better record. I am very unhappy with the outcome of this race.
Girl, you have picked the wrong place to publicly verbalize your dislike of Giacomo. Giacomo is TurfAngels' mascot, we followed that horse from foal to now, you are in the presence of several people who are not just fans, but adore this horse. Our own Steward, lucky girl (*pouts*), gets to see him every day.

The happiest day of my life is when Giacomo crossed that wire FIRST in the Kentucky Derby. ANY horse able to do that deserves the highest respect.
~ Mandy ~

IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I've yet to see him in person (equine?) but I scared all of my coworkers when my dad told me he won.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

hahaha ... I was sitting on the couch watching a movie while snuggled up to my other half when brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! My phone vibrates to say it has recieved a text message. I'm thinking, sports scores, like I get every night. Nope it was Em, and this is what she said:

"I haven't been this f***ing happy since May 2005"

I stared at it for five whole seconds before screaming "NO WAY!"

I leaped out of his arms and went screaming down the hallway, turned on the computer and waited for a freaking half hour, shaking the whole time, while CalRacing.com took forever to post the replay. I knew what Em meant, but that didn't stop me from jumping and screaming as my horse came flying from the rear to get up just in time, what he loves to do. My poor love, who was standing next to me, had this to say:

"Ok, so I can't hear out of my left ear now."

He's back, he's back, he's back, my baby is back! Watch out world, he runs like freaking Native Dancer, and he's about to prove everyone wrong.
~ Mandy ~

IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I STILL have to see if I can get the download speed up to watch that. I bet it's awesome seeing him run!