Sim Eclipse Awards

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

There certainly are some interesting races going on. For my money and as a slightly partisan observer, I'm interested to see how the Older Horse, 3yo Male, and Female Sprinter awards play out.

For the older horses, we've been through the list: From the list of nominees, does a brilliant but abbreviated season trump a B-level handicap horse who late in the year found his calling as an A-level, BC-winning miler (but didn't, curiously, beat the best miler of the year in their first matchup? Sort that division out if you've got spare time and want a headache) and a horse who won several big races but failed to beat any of his chief rivals over the course of the year? Could be justified going to any of the three.

For 3yo males, you can go see the mess that exists... Not really sure how to go about picking one of the six.

For female sprinters, does Trust In Love take the Eclipse by virtue of her BC FM Sprint win, does Era take it on the strength of her 2nd place finish in the BC Sprint against what may have been the deepest BC Sprint field ever, does Shetalkstoangels get the award for her victory against a field of males (albeit weak ones, but credit where credit is due, they were males and she was in Dubai!) in the Dubai Golden Shaheen, or Inspired Jet, who BEAT Era and was 2nd in the BC FM Sprint, having knocked off several divisional heavyweights over the course of the year? That ones a mess too, it could go four ways.
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

using both internet explorer and AOL...
neither is working...

i downloaded netscape and it finally worked.
Weird.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Sprint female gives me a headache. :blink: <_< :unsure:

Twas such a fun year, its just when you stop and try to do justice to the best horse, it's difficult. They all seem so worthy.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I don't much expect Shetalkstoangels to go out with an Eclipse Award. She won all but one start, but like you said, the fields were weak, and she was off the board in the Sprint. I think she's happy enough about retirement, anyway. Hehe.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Well personally, I don't base my whole vote, on the Breeders Cup. I always keep in mind that it's supposed to be an award for the whole year, not just the biggest day. :rolleyes:

You can't beat the best fields if they are so scared they avoid you. Sometimes, not beating anyone is a sign of respect, not a weakness.

But don't listen to me, I just get all :wub: about Shetalkstoangels.
I should have raced her buddy Treasured against her in the sprint, considering T didn't end up wanting to go a whole 7 furlongs one last time. They could have talked about boys on their gallop out. :D

Edit. Wow, your yellow farm announcement is blinding..
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

B) Your ad is so bright, I have to wear shades! B)

I wouldn't say racing the whole year with a clean slate is anything to sniff at. Fields aren't incredibly weak, and there are still many formidable horses out there (how come they all have to be turf!).