China Doll

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

Anyone know what I should try with her? Her latest race was one of her better ones, but even that is not what I'm looking for. Pretty much, I just want to figure her out so I know how to best breed her at the end of next year. Also, any breeding suggestions for her?
Thanks
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

ok, I guess the game is on break now... :-) Here's her info.

16.3h chestnut

Lost Manners x Silver Dreams, 4 years old

Her races...

Date/Type/Equipment
Finish
Earnings

Year 14 Week 02 Lone Star Park: Race 6 - 4 1/2 furlongs. 2 year olds. Fillies. Maidens. Purse $20000 hb fb
Waiting on a Star 2 Waitingforamiracle 3/4 Zero Thought 1
$

Year 14 Week 05 Delaware Park: Race 5 - 6 1/2 furlongs. Turf. 2 year olds. Fillies. Maidens. Restricted to trainers with less than $200,000. Purse $18000 sr hb fb
In Quest of Fame 1/2 Twilight Tempest 1/2 Dare the Storm 1 1/2
$

Year 14 Week 08 Futurity Park: Race 4 - 1 mile. Turf. 2 year olds. Fillies. Maidens. Purse $20000 sr hb fb f8
Wish A Dream hd Saucy ns Affirmative 1
$

Year 14 Week 11 Belmont Park: Race 5 - 1 1/16 miles. “Frizette Stakes.” 2 year olds. Fillies. Purse $200000 - Grade 2 sr hb fb
Loki Miracle 1/2 Wedon'tneedwords 6 1/2 Guilty By Design 3 1/2
$

Year 15 Week 02 Keeneland Racetrack: Race 9 - 1 1/16 miles. 3 year olds. Fillies. Allowance. Purse $48000 sr l hb f8
Sparkle and Fade 4 Pricelessinthedark 7 Eternal Love 1 1/2
$

Year 15 Week 05 Hollywood Park: Race 8 - 1 1/4 miles. “Hollywood Gold Cup.” 3 year olds and up. Purse $1000000 - Grade 1 sr l hb
Fightingwithfaith ns Lokite Monday 2 1/2 Watchtower 1/4
$10000

Year 15 Week 07 Del Mar Racetrack: Race 1 - 1 1/8 miles. Turf. “Del Mar Oaks.” 3 year olds. Fillies. Purse $250000 - Grade 2 sr l hb
Worlds An Audience nck To Your Success 3 1/2 Search The Night 3 1/2
$

Year 15 Week 12 Louisiana Downs: Race 2 - 1 1/8 miles. 3 year olds. Fillies. Allowance. Purse $25000
Moment to Shine - - Soaringonarainbow - - China Doll - -
$2500

Year 16 Week 04 Gulfstream Park: Race 5 - 7 furlongs. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and mares. Maidens. Purse $25000
Trolley's Last 1 Ceasefire 1 Fading Seconds 1 well rated, 3 wide move, outfinished
$

Year 16 Week 06 Hollywood Park: Race 12 - 1 1/8 miles. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and mares. Maidens. Purse $20000 l
Leaveitallbehind 1 Summer Rains hd For My Princess 4 No rally
$

Year 16 Week 13 England: Race 4 - 1 1/2 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and mares. Maidens. Purse $30000 b l
Borghesa 2 Baccie 5 Queennherownright 9 Taken back second last, looked for room into turn, pinched back top of lane, closing
$
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

So.. let's look at her record....

11:0-0-1

As a 2 year old...

She raced 4 times.
2 on turf - placed 12th in a sprint maiden
7th in a distance stakes
2 on dirt - placed 12th in a sprint maiden
12th in a mile maiden

What this record says to me initially is that she's a better dirt runner than turf. It also tells me that she's a better distance horse than a sprinter. It looks like she was raced beyond her abilities at this age, being put in a stakes without the mentality of a maiden win under her belt to help her out.

As a 3 year old...

She raced 4 times.
1 on turf - placed 6th in a distance stakes
3 on dirt - placed 7th in a distance allowance
5th in a distance stakes
3rd in a distance allowance

As I look on in her record, I'm formulating more of an idea about this horse. I stick with the idea that she likes dirt more than turf, as her highest placement was a 3rd. I also stick with the idea that she likes distance of over a mile. I also stick with the idea that she's being raced beyond her abilities without the mindset of a maiden win to help her along.

As a 4 year old...

She raced 3 times.
1 on turf - placed 7th in a distance maiden
2 on dirt - placed 11th in a sprint maiden
placed 12th in a distance maiden

This record actually makes me a bit confused. I'm happy to see her being run in maidens, but I wonder if this means that her career is through. Some horses have a certain shelf life. They'll only run to a certain time in their life then decide they're done. It might have nothing to do with what she's been raced on or what you do with her. I checked her equipment, and she's being run with the same total lack of equipment that gained her a third in that allowance.

The only idea that I have is try blinkers or a figure eight bridle and race her on dirt at a distance (probably 1 1/4 miles or so) if you're going to race her again. Personally, I'd retire her and see if she'd throw decently. As for who to breed her to, without the DB, I'm clueless.
Sarah Anne
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Sarah Anne »

Thanks a bunch!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Isa is right on as far as I can tell. Stick a fork in this one, she is probably done. Still, since there is no gain in retiring her right at the beginning of the year, move her Stateside and run her in a Maiden Claimer (I would like to see her at a mile). If she continues to run dead last after a couple of races, retire her and move her to a cheap farm so she doesn't cost you much.

This is a VERY optimistic view of the horse. Now, more realistically: if she was my horse I would move her to Dubai Farm (European Circuit) and fill in those races that have fewer than 5 runners. They tend to have pretty high purses, and it is a long way from home base for most horses, so there might be some races with fewer than normal entries. She probably won't win against even the thinnest MCl, so you may as well make a few $ as a filler.

Daryl