Saratoga Opening Day Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Since Spring At Last was scratched, I replace with South of Broad, seeing if Kent Desormeaux 38% win percentage with favorites will work.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I thought the rule stated that if your horse scratches, your pick automatically defaults to the favorite?
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm leaving for my vacation shortly, so I won't see the final results for a little bit, but I'm PROUD of how I'm doing so far! Maybe I shouldn't look at the form from now on! :P I have 2 wins, 2 seconds and 1 third (should have figured on that from Benlayla!) from the first 5 races. Now that I've said that, I probably won't do anything at all the rest of the card!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Good grief what is it with all the scratches! Simon Pure just scratched, and another of my picks, Trip to the Bank, scratched earlier- and those are just out of my picks... there have been a bunch more scratching. Hmmm

B)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Oops :rolleyes: I forgot about that rule. yes, i didn't need to post that lol. XD ...."and they're off a stuble at the start by silverado trail..." in the 6th. ugh. south of broad stopped. sounds like one of my horses in the SIM lol. star dabbler won.

and everyone still has 2 wins, even with all the simon pure scratches.
Warpath,
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Tammy has 3, I believe.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I should have bet today, I now have 2 wins, 2 seconds and 2 thirds from six races. I don't know if I've ever done that before!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

I'm the Tiger and Spanish Chestnut in a 21.5 quarter... vicarage is dieing -as in, fading-... but then Awesome Twist comes through on the rail! sorry, Tammy has 3, but I don't remember anyone having Awesome twist as a pick..
Warpath,
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Anyone know who the favorites were in all the races that have run? I'd like to know who filled in for my scratched horses :D

And that Awesome Twist / I'm the Tiger race was intense!
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Favorites:
1 Massoud
2 Rondo
3 I'm a Yankee
4 Silver Timber (I think)
5 City Snitch
6 South of Broad
7 I'm the Tiger

So the favorites have a 4/7 right now, more than anyone else in the contest.

favorites as of right now:
8 Judy Soda
9 ?
10 ?
Warpath,
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Sweet, then that bumps me up to 3 wins thanks to City Snitch.

Did you find those favorites online? If so, can you tell me where? Because I have no idea how to find that out. :ph34r:
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Emily Mitchell wrote: Sweet, then that bumps me up to 3 wins thanks to City Snitch.

Did you find those favorites online?  If so, can you tell me where? Because I have no idea how to find that out.  :ph34r:
I'm watching all the races live with Youbet.net, and they have post-time odds and current odds and stuff for races, and a little handicapping before races, but the odds aren't loading for me for races 9/10. Its the simulcasting feed, i'm pretty sure, but I'm not sure how much information you need to sign up, as i'm using my dad's account, but it's free, with no obligation to be on youbet.com.

[edit] samsincharge wins the 8th. great lady k very much second best. Sweet Sweet ended up being post-time favorite. The track's been extremely fast today.

Cotton blossom wins the 9th gamely over Desire to Excel, the posttime fav.! she made a huge move on the turn. just showed the replay and francis g fell right after the finish line! :o supposed to be just the heat, but I hope she's ok..
Warpath,
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Star Dabber took the sixth race and Awesome Twist took the 7th race
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Too bad there aren't prizes for picking absolutely none of the winners... hee hee ;) I am getting worse at this, but can't get any worse than none so it's only going to get better on the next one... right? :unsure:
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Brilliant Cut wins the 10th and final race at Saratoga's opening day! everyone comes home safe and sound (Francis G did just overheat).

Unless I missed somebody, Tammy Fox and Emily M. win this one in a tie for 3 wins! Congrats to both of you, and doubly to Emily for winning 2 out of 3 contests so far!

Prado and Velazquez are off to a great start in this meet, as well.
Warpath,