The Ellis Park Umbrella Race

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

If you haven't seen this - prepare to be STUNNED

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5v5-x3 ... 20umbrella' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5v5-x3 ... mbrella</a>
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

What a heart-stopper. The lead horse was ALREADY shying from the rail...that must have been a hell of a wind. Talk about narrowly averting disaster! :blink:
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

That umbrella went just where it needed to not to kill anyone. There were those three on the front and then a gap back to the rest of the field and it went right through there. Thank God, too. That thing could have speared someone!

There's some weird $h-- going on these days... One gate only opens have the stalls, another doesn't move out of the way, and now this. *, mates?
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

I can't imagine seeing that happen in person, those umbrella's are not light! That wind must have been something else for sure. I am actually surprised that the jockey's and horses were blown over! Just really glad no one got hurt, the potential for damage is unreal.

I feel so much safer experiencing horse racing via the fake horses and SIMualed races. B)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I saw a picture and read a little story about this earlier, but seeing it is something else! :ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~