Jim Dandy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Wow. Did anyone see the Jim Dandy today? I mean wow.

Bernardini ran away with it, completely! His jockey never moved, never pumped his arms, never touched his whip- just sat perfectly still. And Bernardini won by like 5 lengths.

Wow. :ph34r:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Wait, I think the guy on TV just said 9 lengths.

Well, it was a lot of space- I know that :lol:
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

That was a totally awesome performance....
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Wow. wow. I love how Kenny said on tv "And Bernardini works another mile in preparation for the Travers" (or something like that). It totally looked like he just cantered home. Minister's Bid challenged on the rail and boom, Bernardini flew away.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Oh and they also showed a clip of the King George with Hurricane Run, Electrocutionist, and Heart's Cry all battling it out down the stretch- that was one heck of a horse race B)

YAY for horse racing!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The King George might have been one of the best horse races I've EVER seen.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Colonel

Post by Colonel »

The Diana was a pretty darn good race, too. I was at Keeneland today for a handicapping contest, and the room wasn't too loud until the stretch run of that one.

Yea, I agree the KG was a good one. I'm assuming the top three are going into the Arc next.

Regards,
Colonel
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Colonel wrote: The Diana was a pretty darn good race, too. I was at Keeneland today for a handicapping contest, and the room wasn't too loud until the stretch run of that one.

Yea, I agree the KG was a good one. I'm assuming the top three are going into the Arc next.

Regards,
Colonel
I wasn't aware that Heart's Cry was pointing towards the Arc. I thought this was the goal for him? :unsure:
Warpath,
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

It was the goal for him PS - he goes back to Japan (and Deep Impact will take his place in the Arc :lol: )

Was interesting to read that Hurricane Run will go in the Prix Foy, which leaves Fabre a dilemma as to what happens with Shirocco as he's not a fan of running his horses against each other in trials, maybe the Irish Champion or Grosser Preis Von Baden-Baden before the Arc and the Breeders Cup?

Would agree with Em on this though, one of the best races ever, not quite as good as the Grundy vs. Bustino renewal of the 70's or One So Wonderful's Juddmonte vs Chester House and Faithful Son in terms of the finish but still a class race and good to see the Japanese horses coming over too.

Shame that Soumillon had to break the rules to win the race though :(
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Heart's Cry is going back to Japan for the Japan Cup, but is targeting the King George again for next year! YAY.
Warpath,