Cool!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

So, I know this post is pointless and stupid, but I found it totally amusing that there's a horse on the sale page by Journey named Dontstopbelevin. PLUS, I'm listening to that song right now, so that was ironic in a weird sort of way. Ara and Em are probably the only ones that will find this remotely amusing or even bother to read this, but I was thoroughly amused. I'd like to thank Karie for breeding that horse for my utter amusement of the day.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Haha, don't worry, I snorted when I saw it. Journey is my "in-laws" favorite. To me, they're just laughable. Haha.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Eric Nalbone is a big, big, Journey fan. Thats what they tell me. And by "they," I mean "I" and by "me" I mean "myself." I really actually do like them though, their song "All The Way" is one of my favorites.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I'm not really sure what Eric said there, but yeah.

I just want to say that I was completely baffled by all the Journey references here because I thought all of them (in addition to the first one) were about the horse. Then I got it. *ggl*

And anyways, the Eagles are so much better than Journey.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Welcome to the Hotel California!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Heck, I haven't even been able to get in since getting back from watching 24 - all I get is "User Limit Exceeded." Boo.

But, Journey rocks, and I've never liked the Eagles, either musically or football-wise.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

<span style='color:green'>You have committed an atrocity of the highest magnitude. I may never speak to you again. I may have to erase you completely from my mind. Not liking the Eagles (the football team, not the band) is pretty much tantamount to treason when you're talking to a Philly guy. Yeah. I might make an exception. But if you're a Pats fan, a Redskins fan, a New York Giants fan, or a Dallas fan, then its really not good. You're allowed to be a Vikings fan, or a Denver fan, or maybe event a Seattle fan. But not New York (the Jets are ok though), Dallas, Washington, or New England.</span>

I bleed Eagles green.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

.. They are an awesome band...I love Steve Perry's voice...
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

They went downhill when they got rid of him (Steve Perry, that is).
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

I thought it was weird when I was browsing around the SIM and found a horse named And Shintaro. My boyfriend is named Shintaro... O_O...
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Truth be told, fantasy football has pretty much ruined me the past several years in terms of rooting for a particular team, or at least, any real-life team. I follow players at this point. That said, I will confess that I grew up in North Jersey, and my dad has been friends with Bill Parcells since they went to high school together (although not even that fact can make me like Dallas. I do enjoy Parcell's post-game interviews, though). I've never cared for Seattle, either, although I don't really know why. It might be the unis, it might be Holmgren, it might be because Idiot#2 in my football league had Matt Hasselbeck and ended up winning the championship (he's both insufferable and knows nothing about football except what he parrots from fantasy football magazines. But, I digress).

I'd say if I was cheering for any real life team this season, it would be the Steelers, mainly because I like Jerome Bettis - my brother used to play Madden football with him when they were at Notre Dame, and I met him once when I was visiting. A real class act. The Bus (not to be confused with the SIM's A Bus :D ), Ahman Green and Rich Gannon were a large part of my early fantasy football success, so he's got that in his favor, too. I'm glad he got a Super Bowl ring on his way out.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

But yeah...what Eric said. I've been a die hard eagles fan since I could talk. You can obviously tell who the Philly people are from this post.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Yeah, you gotta have some respect for Jerome Bettis, he's a good guy who played football the way it was supposed to be played, even when that meant giving up his starting spot to the younger, faster Willie Parker. He still carried that team.

Plus, they've got a Princeton connection! Cowher's daughter is a sophomore here, she plays basketball. So the Orange and Black wholeheartedly supports the Yellow and Black.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

How'd this turn into football?
Journey reminds me of my mom in high school.
I like the previous generations. Journey's got nothing on the Beatles and Pink Floyd.
Which leads me to warn; most of my homebreds will probably reference The Wall or Magical Mystery Tour and the like. Haha.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I believe the link was Journey --> Eagles --> Philadelphia Eagles --> Dallas/New York/Washington suck --> Bill Parcells --> Jerome Bettis --> Bill Cowher --> We hijacked the thread.

There's already a Storm Cat filly named Magicalmysterycat, she's pretty cool.