Ladybugs And Gentlemen

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Ladybugs and Gentlemen:

Pull up a chair and sit on the floor and I'll tell you the story of a barefooted boy who went running through the woods with his shoes on. (I actually don't know that story, so you'll have to bear with me while I tell the one I do know.)

I come before you to sit behind you and tell you a story I know nothing about. One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. A deaf policeman heard this noise, and came to kill these two dead boys. If you don't believe the story is true, ask the blind man: he saw it too.

I'm not sure who wrote it, I learned it from my cousin, but I like it. And I felt like sharing that.

-Eric
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Uh.

Have you been drinking tonight or something?

Or is this Steph masquerading as Eric?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

No, its a very random mood I'm in. A random good mood. Rare as it is, tis true. And its pretty much random. Yeah. Anybody in particularly dire need of favors from me should ask before I go to sleep and lose this euphoric state that I've been in since approximately 7:30AM.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Can I have Mirror, then?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

You could have a Mirror baby for a Map baby at some undetermined time in the future. But you can't have Mirror. She's my baby.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

OMG..i remember that song from camp back when i was like 14 or 15.. talk about takin me back.... :o
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Every time I tell Em I want a horse from the Lady's Secret line, she goes "Why? You hate sprinters" and I'm like "Oh yeah they are sprinters I forgot." All I ever remember is that they're good, not that they're sprinters and I think sprinters are dumb.

That doesn't mean I don't want a Mirror baby at some point, however. :) Although wait, Mirror has wins over longer than a mile, Emily is confusing me! I just don't want primarily 6 furlong horses although I do have Comet so I don't know anymore. Gooooooo Comet!
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, man i REALLY need to work more on my knowledge of real horses.. i had no idea Lady's Secret was known as a sprinter producer...
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Mirror can produce any distance, but only dirt I think.

Sprinters: Era (VERY, VERY fast 3yo filly by Satelite), Variable (Very fast horse by Black Ice)

Milers: Icon (VERY talented son of Priceless Forever)

Long: Loki Reflection (I STILL maintain she was the best 3yo filly of her year, she missed by a head in the BC Distaff but mauled the New York stakes that year, she was a beast by Loki Flame, won several times at 1 1/4 or 1 1/8), and Saga (Probably FWW's best son, winner of the Kentucky Derby, we'll see what he can do as an older horse).

Soooo year. That's Mirror.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I swear I keep having this conversation with Emily:

"I want a Lady's Secret horse!"
"But you hate sprinters!"
"I do but I want a Lady's Secret horse!"
"No you don't, you hate sprinters and you were never excited about Sideways Glance!"

I suggested Icon for Banner and she didn't like that at all and we had the argument all over again. Although I think we finally agreed that I do like milers and milers aren't sprinters.

What I *really* like is a horse than can run 1 1/2 miles or longer on dirt, which is why I love Atlas so much. Unfortunately it's hard for a horse to make a good career on just the Belmont. :(
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

If you're going to quote me, quote me right.

You asked for a Lady's Secret line horse. I said they are UNSOUND, not sprinters. I said you hate UNSOUND horses.

Then you wanted to breed to Icon, and I said HE is a sprinter/miler.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

No, you said I hate sprinters. I don't hate unsound horses, I don't have any opinion on unsound horses, we didn't have that conversation at all.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Ara Davies wrote: Uh.

Have you been drinking tonight or something?

Or is this Steph masquerading as Eric?
Thanks Ara. *g* Just remember, you're just as retarded as I am.
Desiree Bendell
Sprinter

Post by Desiree Bendell »

Hey Eric, sorry for jumping into this convo way after it's started but I just read th first poem now and I know where that poem comes from. It's off a very old computer game called Island Of Dr Brain. I LOVE that poem lol.