California State Fair

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Cornwell
Two Year Old

Post by Andrew Cornwell »

I am from Sacramento and thoroughbreds are coming back to the fair at Cal Expo this year and am excited for it. I live not 5 minutes from the track and can hear the track announcer and see the lights when the standardbreds run each weekend. I will be getting a box seat for the 11 day race schedule during the fair. August 20 - Sept 1 (Dark AUG 25 +26)

If anyone in northern cal or anywhere else for that matter wants to make a trip let me know. My box will come with 6 seats with admission to the fair, racing program and parking included.

Also, as a side note, I have sponsered a few stakes races at Sacramento Fair Week 15 Friday to celebrate
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Andrew,

I've never been to Cal Expo but want to go. It's kind of hard to "daytrip" up there from here but maybe I'll try!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Oh I wish I could go so badly. I'll have just headed back to Vegas a few days before. Shucks.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

It's a fact that I will be at Del Mar somewhere in the vicinity of August 23rd, and I'm seriously psyched. Not the California State Fair, but Cali nonetheless!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Will you visit with SIMsters this time?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

The Steward wrote: Will you visit with SIMsters this time?
Of course! I already bought my Pacific Classic day tickets on the fourth floor grandstand (note that I have no idea if that is a good place to sit or not).
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Since I work for TOC, there's always a possibility I will be up North for any given reason. If I end up at Cal Expo, I'll for sure let ya know!

Also, Del Mar. I plan on being there every moment possible, and I'll be living about 2 minutes from the track in Del Mar Heights. Can't wait to meet any Simmers who make a trip out to where the Turf Meets the Surf.
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

I also want to see Del Mar as San Diego is not that far from Vegas and the quality of racing is always very good.

Miryam
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I am staying with friends in Del Mar, though I have no idea where. In fact, I don't even know if Del Mar is part of San Diego or its own little enclave.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It's its own little tiny thing in between Encinitas and La Jolla. It's tiny, but gorgeous. It's about 25ish minutes north of actual San Diego proper.

I am at Del Mar every weekend, so I'll see everyone there.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I am forewarning everyone that sadly I will be moving out of my giant 3 bedroom townhome into a 1 bedroom apartment in a month, so now I would only be able to accomadate 2 people on an inflatable mattress if they wanted to spend the night during Del Mar season as I live 2 towns away. And I am very jealous of where Ali is getting housing =p. I'm losing my giant couch too so no more people sleeping on that. I won't be able to make it up north, but have fun at the Cal Expo.
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I will be in San Diego from Aug. 11-18, so if anyone wants to get together at Del Mar during the week, then I am down with that. But not the weekend. That is non-negotiable.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Del Mar this weekend. I'm psyched.