Breeding Help Needed

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Post by Brooke Ketron »

I have a few mares that I need help choosing a stallion for.
If there's anything I'm bad, it's breeding decent horses.
So I need all the help (any of) you are willing to offer.

First, a mare that Eric Nalbone so generously just handed over to me.
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=19121' target='_blank'>Myloveportofino</a> Distant View x. Elbaaha (Arazi)

I was thinking maybe Lokite Magic for her, but there's some inbreeding
with Mr.Prospector in that. I'm not too sure if it's a good cross or not.

Second, a mare that has me a bit confused. Most of the stallion I like are
just outside of my price range, but I could probably make it work.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=14822' target='_blank'>Drop Dead Gorgeous</a> Chesapeake Bay x. Tears of Ice (Rivalry)

I'd appreciate any help.
Jonathan Bolt
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jonathan Bolt »

I don't know how much you want to spend to breed your two mares. Here are a couple suggestions I have.

For your first mare Myloveportofino I would go with more of a turf router stallion. I don't mind the inbreeding to Mr. Prospector, but too me Lokite Magic is more of a turf sprint/turf mile type stallion. Here are some stallions I think may work nicely with your mare I'm Twenty Grand, Le Dauphin Noir, My Tornado, Palpitations, and Sale Topper.

For your second mare Drop Dead Gorgeous I would take a look at Commodore he has an amazing pedigree and was a good runner winning over a million dollars.