Acapulco

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I just cna't get over how lucky I am to have him. He's my baby, and i think that he knows that. LOL Got him for the bargin price of 36k, which was almost everything I had. He's earned that back in many fold and won the Eclipse award for CHampion Euro 2yo colt! My first year in the game wouldn't have been nearly as awesome w/o my Aca. Everyone can go see his cute mug, when the game re-opens. He looks just like momma.

In case any of you didn't know i'm like Azeri's #1 fan. ;) yes #1! I was lucky enough to see her run 3 times in person (I live in Minnesota so that's a lot of driving). Saw her win the Disatff in 2002, the Spinster in 2004 (thanks for the paddock pass EMILY!!) and run 5th in the Classic in 2004. I was crying when she got 5th I was so proud of my baby. Actually i was scary to watch anytime she ran. I hyperventilated in the 2004 Apple Blossom and 2004 Go For Wand. I sobbed for like 2 hours at work when she lost the 2003 Lady's Secret... I couldn't talk about it for 2 weeks w/o crying and couldn't talk about for 1 month w/o getting very depressed. Anyway, so Aca means a LOT to me. Everyone should love him. and Not eat him.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Stop and Stare says, "CHOMP!"
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Stop and Stare says, "CHOMP!"
Ok, that's just too funny! :lol:

However, to Stop and Stare, please don't try to eat my horses! ;)

Acapulco is a nice horse and I am sure he is going to do well. I did reference Azeri for his mug. Azeri, such a nice horse. And were you at Keeneland for that 2004 race? If yes, then we have met in person, how cool! I have a hard time remembering people though (or much else for that matter, LOL!). YAY! for Azeri! and of course Acapulco (well until I have to run against him, hee hee!). I hope I don't have any cannibalistic horses, but word on the street is that Aca does taste good. ;)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Dave Shields wrote:
MalloryGuesnon wrote: Stop and Stare says, "CHOMP!"
Ok, that's just too funny! :lol:

However, to Stop and Stare, please don't try to eat my horses! ;)

Acapulco is a nice horse and I am sure he is going to do well. I did reference Azeri for his mug. Azeri, such a nice horse. And were you at Keeneland for that 2004 race? If yes, then we have met in person, how cool! I have a hard time remembering people though (or much else for that matter, LOL!). YAY! for Azeri! and of course Acapulco (well until I have to run against him, hee hee!). I hope I don't have any cannibalistic horses, but word on the street is that Aca does taste good. ;)
We did meet! I stole Emily for the race to watch it with me on the rail (after she hooked me up with the paddock pass WOOT!) You guys had seats in the grandstand though. We walked around the backside together in the morning. My mom was there too.

Shhhh don't tell them how sweet he is. ;) Every horse will be wanting a bite. Then you'll have to keep editing his picture adding scars and he;ll have to race until he's 10 to get any stats. LOL :D

I recommend the spiked collar equipment for all horses racng aginst Stop and Stare. :o :lol:
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I've come up with a foolproof way for staying out of the way of Stop And Stare. Run faster than him. Or slower than him. Just... don't run the same speed as him.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. So the moral of the story is simply to run even faster (the good option) or run slower (the less good option).
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

A Tabasco bath will work, too. Of course... you have to make sure to only do that with a chestnut or a bay.. otherwise, you'll end up with a dapple orange.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

A Tabasco bath. That would be... interesting. Stop And Stare takes a bite out of Acapulco and then HE'D stop running cause his mouth would be on fire because of the Tabasco, and Acapulco would stop running cause his neck would be in pain, and then... Monaachi would win again.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Eric Nalbone wrote: A Tabasco bath. That would be... interesting. Stop And Stare takes a bite out of Acapulco and then HE'D stop running cause his mouth would be on fire because of the Tabasco, and Acapulco would stop running cause his neck would be in pain, and then... Monaachi would win again.
And Daryl would be all too fond of that idea. LOL

Aca was running faster then him, but that's what made him angry. you must run faster but far enough ahead so you are out of reach of his teeth as well. :D
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Monaachi could be too close as well. The Tabasco fumes or possibly even some flying dabs of sauce could get in his eyes, thus acting like pepper spray and he would be unable to see. So if Daryl is paying attention to this thread he would be wise to suit up Monaachi with goggles, otherwise another horse who went really wide of the incident would be more than happy to cross the wire first.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Monaachi gets blindfolded to keep the Tobasco out of his eyes and forgets to run.. out of the backstretch, Freeteaforme comes sauntering up, way on the outside, and for once, wins a race!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Psh, Stop and Stare is a South American now! Spicy food. He can handle Tabasco sauce. Haha. :lol:

But yikes! I know people avoid entering against some horses because they know they'll get beat. But now people are afraid of entering against Stop and Stare because he attacks and lays up their horses! Silly boy. Hopefully he's changed a bit. Or maybe that South American heat made him, you know, more feisty. Which would be scary.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

You all can have studded collars and tabasco...Monaachi will toast with some Guinness. After all, Monaachi won't need the scent of tabasco to find Aca. He knows that European stakes schedule is big enough for the both...until the Irish Derby. :)

-Daryl
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

And yeah, I walk through the valley of the shadow of Star Studded, I will fear no biting
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Acapulco will be preping for his Euro campaign in a G2 in Barbados, due to the lack of anyhting he fits in in Dubai.

Go Aca!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Acapulco won his first 2 outs this year, but they weren't super stellar fields... He's going 12f in the Epsom Derby next out and I'm afraid. LOL Although at least he's already lost so not as much pressure there. He ran well at 10f so i'm hoping that he can get 12 too. we'll see week 9.