Barbaro Breyer!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Look, they are making a Breyer model horse in the image of Barbaro! Of course, the mold is the same as many of their other racehorses- but it is painted like Barbaro. It is $45 (plus shipping and handling) to preorder one of these models which will come out on October 1st. However, $10 of every purchase will de donated to the Barbaro Fund to aid the New Bolton Center in their research. The model comes with a certificate signed by Barbaro's trainer and jockey... and the box is supposed to be decorated with pictures and the story of his racing career. And Barbaro's name will be stamped in gold ink on the bottom of his belly.

See www.breyerhorses.com for more info and an order form!

RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

He's got the same modeling as Dan Patch, but he's all shiney and pretty! Ooooo!
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Cigar too, yeah? I used to collect Breyers as a kid, had a club where me and my friend pitched in to buy model horses and we traded them around on a rotation. It was pretty cool. I like this idea of donating to the Barbaro fund. The model is cute, though no model could ever replicate the innocently trusting, sweet face of Barbaro. :(
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I have this HUGE box of Breyers in the garage, waiting for me to own a house so I can unpack them.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Yeah this mold has been used on many- in fact most- of their racehorses. Cigar, Affirmed, Sunday Silence, and I guess Dan Patch too.

I have a whole bookcase full of breyers, most from when I was younger... but I've been collecting real life horse models for quite some time now. B)
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

And Dreamweaver, too!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Hehe...in my old room, I had tons of shelves with all fifty-something of my traditional size Breyers. My mom collected them as a kid, then I broke them all when I was around 3 and 4, and then I started collecting in elementary school. It was kinda funny when I'd have people over as a teenager and they'd be like, "So...you like horses?" I never realized how strange it must have looked to my surburban friends who'd only really been around horses (ponies) at those pony ride things. I thought it seemed normal. Ha.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ah yes, the childhood of a horse lover. I had this other friend who we spent almost every elementary school recess playing "imaginary horses." We had imaginary stables of imaginary horses of all colors and breeds and cantered and galloped around the playground as we rode them. *giggles* People gave us funny looks, we were those "horsey girls."
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

hahaha, I'm still a "horse girl"... afterall, I am in college and majoring- as my family would say- in horses :lol: Animal Science with a focus on Equine Business... but I still have no clue what I want to do with horses. I would love to be in the racing industry as an owner/breeder. But you need money for that. And in my family, there is no money to spare. I have, afterall, amassed above $200,000 in medical bills this year alone (thank goodness for insurance!)... so I think racing is way out of my league for a long, long time. So yeah, I just dunno... if anyone has any good ideas, tell me! :lol:

At one point, I thought I would mature up my room. So I took down all my horse posters and gave them all away. Now, I am slowly growing them back... I think I have around 5 up now (just the really cool ones from Horse Illustrated), and I do plan on taking off old Bloodhorse covers and making a border around my room with them (YES I totally stole that idea from Emily H and Mia!!!!). Plus I have all my Breyers on display everywhere, and I have bookshelves full of horse related books too. But at least my Breyers are collectibles now instead of play toys! See, I have grown up a little! B)

Wow, too much information. hehehehe
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I used to have literally hundreds of horse pictures of all breeds all around my room, with my favorite being a picture of Siphon winning a race in 1996. Slowly I converted it to hundreds of racehorse pictures, cutting them out from TTimes and the BloodHorse. When I went to college my mom told me I would be embarrassed by all my posters when I came back. She made me take them all down and box them up.

When I came back, I immediately put up a poster of Giacomo, then started decorating my desk and bookshelves with racehorses. I have another poster of Giacomo's waiting to go up. Sheesh!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

IsaP wrote:He's got the same modeling as Dan Patch, but he's all shiney and pretty! Ooooo!
Isa.... this is Dan Patch :)

~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Whoops! Well, I did say he was in a box in my landlady's garage.. it's been almost ten years since I've looked at him (sadly enough)
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

the breyer has the wrong feet white, lol.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Which one? Barbaro's? The feet are fine. His front forefeet are both white. Breyer models usually overdo the white on the feet 'cause the paint bleeds upward slightly.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I also still colleect breyers as well as i now get them for my duaghter.*jsut got her Seattle Slew for her birthday)lol,i might have to get the barbaro model for myself...