Arlington Million 2006 Thoughts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

It was a very nice day for horse races yesterday. I just got back from Chicago and I just wanted to post my thoughts about it! :)

I wish that Maggie Slew would have been there....I think she would have fit well...VERY well in the Smart Deb Stakes! :)

Beverly D......Rising Cross is CUTE!!!!! She is very small....but she's a definate cutie!! Too bad she finished dead last :( Gorella....what an awesome performance and what an awesome filly.....just totally awesome.

Million: We betted on Ace....ugh lol I was pretty disappointed that Ace didnt do any better but he is a GRAND looking horse however. What can you say about that The Tin Man? He flat out took the race lol! English Channel is a very nice looking horse as well. I think that The Tin Man is a cutie too!! :)

Secretariat: Showing Up....nice looking animal! Ivan was quite the looker too! We betted on Showing Up-Ivan in an exacta box. Got back $9.70 lol. It was a $1 exacta bet lol. I was kinda wanting Ivan to finish first (just for the betting side of things lol) but I am happy that Showing Up won too. He's such a nice horse on the turf!

So overall we betted $30 and won only $10. LOL Oh well! We had an awesome time. I LOVE Arlington Park....it's an awesome park! :)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

True story, yesterday I was walking the backside and said, "Hey. Where did Tin Man go!? TIN MAN IS GONE! Oh yeah he's racing. Wooo! Go Tin Man!"

The End.

I love Arlington Park, I got to go there on my birthday a few years ago. Beautiful!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

It is! When I move up there to that area....I will be up there more and more lol! :)
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Glad you both enjoyed the Arlington Million - Racing World (who have the rights to Arlington) went subscription on me 7 days before the race :(.

I backed The Tin Man at 9/1 so chuffed he won, just need to find another Ladbrokes now to collect my winnings :)

Rising Cross is absolutely gorgeous, even if she is only 14.3 :lol: