Trainers Of Derby Contenders

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Many of you may remember that last year, I had a "Derby Dozen" type article that I wrote and updated as we neared Derby time, and I'm planning on doing a similar series early this year tracking the three year olds as we approach the Derby.

My problem is that I'm currently shooting blind when trying to figure out who is headed for the Derby and who is not, so if anyone feels like either posting here where they're headed, or would like to shoot me a PM or an e-mail (enalbone@princeton.edu) and let me know who you've got aimed at the Derby, I'd appreciate it! Include as much information as you like, but especially the horse's name, sire, dam, and notable races (they don't have to have won the race, but I'm looking for horses who may have indicated that they belong on the Derby trail, so graded stakes that they've hit the board or at least turned in a good account of themselves preferred). If you wish, you can include any comments you have about the horse, your tentative prep plans, or whatever else strikes your fancy.

I do intend to publish some trainer commentary in my article, so be aware of that when you're sending it, and don't send me information that you would prefer to keep private, or if you DO, CLEARLY indicate in your e-mail what you DON'T want me to include and I'll leave that out.

Hope to hear from people soon!

Voi capiate? Bene.
(Translation: "Got it? Good.")
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Cool, can't wait to see who has Derby Contenders for Sim Year 17. Good luck to all in their pursuit of the triple crown or in other cases just the Run for the Roses.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

I'm sort've kind've playing with sending Guardian
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I just might be aiming a colt. Hell, anything can happen. Fog City was Horse of the Year! Who saw that one coming?
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I'd like to aim my Left Behind at the Derby, if he makes a good account of himself. I'm going to point him to some race in week 1, and then race him in the Arkansas Derby and see how it all goes. He's raced four times, breaking his maiden in his second try, and then finishing third in the Bashford Manor (Gr.II) at Churchill and fourth in a Gr.II at Monmouth Park. I COULD be getting the gradings and even the placings wrong in these. I can correct all the info when the database gets back on ;) Also I'll add his pedigree... when the database is back ;)
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I think Eric wants you to e-mail or PM him the horse's complete information.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Eric Nalbone wrote: "....headed for the Derby and who is not, so if anyone feels like either posting here where they're headed, or would like to shoot me a PM or an e-mail..."
It says there that it doesn't matter, but if he would rather I do that, then I'll remove my previous post =3 :D
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

My bad. :rolleyes:
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Bah! And actually do something like read! C'mon! ;)
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Well if Lost In Seattle wants to streach out a bit i might get my first taste of Derby Fever..lol well asee how he comes out of his season debut in a alowance most likely...
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'm not very picky as to how I get the information; I check the forum compulsively and I check my e-mail compulsively, so either one works!