A Contest.... Of Sorts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

There is no prize for this contest, it's really not a contest at all. I just wanted to get everyone's attention.

If you would be so kind, or would like, please send an email to steward@turfangels.com that contains a few lines about what makes the SIM so special. People have told me it's like I put crack in the SIM.... That's not really helpful. But anything nice that you have to say - that it feels real, or it's a great place for horse lovers to make friends, whatever, email me, and you may see it pop up somewhere else.

THANKS.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

*slaps her arm*
STRAIGHT IN THE VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIN, man!
STRAIGHT IN THE VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIN!!!!!!
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

And just when I had smashed all my SIM crack pipes, went to SIM rehab center, and attend the SIM 12 step program....here we go again... bring on year 17!!! :lol:
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

So the SIM is kinda like Trix cereal, and we're all kinda like.... the bunny. That wants the SIM. At any cost. So we do all sorts of crazy things like dress up as kids to hide our metaphorical bunny ears and we try to steal the Trix cereal.

I haven't yet reconciled the beginning of that metaphor with an appropriate ending, as the commercial ends up with the rabbit being unmasked and the kids eating the trix while the rabbit watches sadly from afar, as we hear the "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!" slogan on the commercial.

*edit* new idea: Susie plays the part of the Rabbit. Ara plays the part of the Kids. Sports Jersey plays the part of the cereal. Its all good.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Wow, Eric.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Sarah Chase wrote: Wow, Eric.
Sarah has said it all.

Wow, Eric. :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

There are TONS of Trix in the world... I never understood why the kids wouldn't share with the rabbit. Doesn't that teach children to be selfish? :D
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Absolutely. It turned me into a miserly, stingy, bottom-line worshiper who intends to one day rule the world from a throne built on the back of the almighty dollar. Kind of like how Steinbrenner rules the Yankees, except... bigger. Some day in the distant future, people will look back on the 1990s, and say "Why did we ever make those those Trix commercials that taught Eric Nalbone the lessons of not sharing anything with anyone..." Yep.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

It seems Eric was so taken with his Trix talk that he made the tagline into his signature. Ah well, I like it better than "Era's a GIRL," because I, like many others, kept reading it as "Eric's a GIRL."
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

LOL! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!