Keep Lost in the Fog in your prayers...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Not supposed to say much about it, but Lost in the Fog is struggling himself, although he is "responding to treatment," so keep him in your prayers.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

:( Hang in there Foggy.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

Huh?! What's wrong with him? =O! Good luck Lost in the Fog! He's one of my favorite horses...
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Mild colic, according to Bloodhorse..
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Was told by the trainer yesterday that it was more than mild, but when I called the vet clinic they say that he would be fine eventually.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

awww hang in there boy.....
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

More than mild indeed...

<a href='http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=34885' target='_blank'>Mass in Lost in the Fog Believed to be Cancer</a>

Hang in there buddy... :(
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Wow. The size of a cantaloupe? That sounds pleasant. :huh:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

I know many believe this horse to be a fluke, but what a ride he took everyone on last year. Hope he gets better, soon.

the lymphoma, how long would it have been in there for it to be the size of a cantaloupe? :blink:
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

If I'm remembering right, lymphomas are usually contained to a degree. Sometimes, though, an enlarged lymph node can be completely benign, just the result of a big bad infection. FIP will do that in cats. How long does it usually take, though? Not long...
I've seen proportionately the same growth in less than a month. Might be something else that started the inflammation and it went from there.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Dang press releases.. :(

Foggy is no fluke. He may not be pegasus, but he's genuine.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

The press will never truely believe in racing. I think they would even consider Secretariat a fluke if he were still racing today.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

LoL Very true Isa.

And yet, Nascar is popular. Where "the car was loose" is a reasonable excuse for getting whooped. Go Figure.. <_<
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

LOL!

I think it's hard for them to understand a sport where two minds, equally brilliant, collaborate for a win.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

<a href='http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=34885' target='_blank'>http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=34885</a>

I did some research on splenectomies in equines. It seems to be something that has a pretty good success rate, though they didn't publish the recovery information. As his trainer says, Foggy's a warrior, though. He needs our prayers to see him through.