Request: Check Your Stud Fees

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

In the new SIM, everyone is starting off with a very low amount of money. Many people have additional funds from the purchase of game points but they still don't have a lot. A large number of stallions in the game still have very high stud fees (over $50,000). I'd like to request that players lower these stud fees somewhat for the first year so other players can afford to breed. I've set fees for Atlas and Jet-Ski at $5,000 apiece. If I can be so sporting, can't everyone else? :)
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

T M Awesome O will be at 3k as soon as I can change his fee :)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

My fees are a little bit higher, but no restrictions on the numbers bred per person, so it should level out. Fees will last for a limited time after breeding starts; once people start to accumulate more realistic amounts of money, fees will return to realistic levels.

Dare To Dream's fees for the time being:

Empire Maker (Unbridled x Toussaud): $10,000
Ghostzapper (Awesome Again x Baby Zip): $15,000
Icon (Priceless Forever x Mirror): $5,000
Impressive (Tremendous x Darling Gold): $10,000
Prefamageps (Fighting With Wit x Starstuddedsilence): $15,000

Exceptions to be made for exceptional mares, contact me via IM, private message, or e-mail if you can't afford a fee but have a mare that is either a stakes winner or stakes producer or is very well bred that you'd like to send to one of the above stallions; fees can be sharply discounted or waived.

-Eric
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Thanks guys.

I just want to give some of the newer players, and those who can't afford to buy game points right now, the chance to breed a few good foals right off the bat. Atlas and Jet and Exit will also have higher stud fees once people have more money but I want them to be accessible right now.

However, Atlas is still on a restricted book. First mare per player is unrestricted, any additional mares must be approved by me. Extra mares will only be approved if ALL mares bred by the player are exceptional. "Exceptional" meaning stakes winners, siblings to top stakes winners, dams of top stakes winners, or just have what I consider to be a fantastic pedigree cross. In other words, if you want to breed one crappy mare to him, fine, but you can't breed multiple crappy mares to him, sorry. :)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I've temporarily reduced my stallion's fees as well. After a couple of weeks of racing, I'll re-evaluate whether they stay at this level (I've reduced the $50-$45k stud fees to $5k, and the $10-7.5k stud fees to $1k), or start rising.

Hurricane Run: $5,000
Vindication: $5,000
El Corredor: $1,000
Songandaprayer: $1,000

Laura
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I've also lowered my stallion's fees on a temporary basis:

Bago - $10,000
Dance in the Dark - $25,000
Lion Heart - $7,500
Symboli Kris S - $20,000
Elvstroem - $15,000
Grey Swallow - $15,000
Monashee Mountain - $5,000
Shirocco - $10,000
Sinndar - $15,000
Successful Appeal - $15,000
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I updated my signature here to refect my stud fees. Hope people find them reasonable. If anyone sees that one may be too high/low, let me know. I never really stood a stallion before. Black Light is my first.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Really A Star is currently at $1,000..my other boys will be set to reduced fees as well as soon as i can get on...
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

Yeah, I'm going to lower my horses stud fees too. I only have two, but I love them both ^^;;.
Lisa Lange
Two Year Old

Post by Lisa Lange »

As soon as I can I will lower mine.

Star Studded (Astarabad x Aprehensive Star)will be 15K

The rest will be no higher than 10K, I think they are already less than that but if not I will adjust them.

Dalakhani (Darshaan x Daltawa)
Footstepsinthesand (Giant's Causeway x Glatisant)
Roman Ruler (Fusaichi Pegasus x Silvery Swan)
Smarty Jones (Elusive Quality x I'll Get Along)
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Johannesburg: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Winner, Eclipse Winner, English Champion will temporarily stand for $4000

Accolade: The Sim's Alydar, a Multiple Grade-One Winner with over 3.4 million in career earnings will temporarily stand for $5000
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I will be adjusting my stud fees once this last round of real horse distributions are done. Will post the new fees when I get them adjusted.
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

Storm A Fortress and Loki Masterpiece's stud fees have both been set at $5,000 as well... breed to them for cheap while you can!!
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

Actually, I decided to lower their fees even more now... Loki Masterpiece is at $3,500 and Storm A Fortress is at $4,000, but only until races start, so take advantage of this now!

Loki Masterpiece - Fusaichi Pegasus x Sahara Gold (Seeking the Gold)
*Champion Two Year Old Colt* - Won G1 stakes races from 5 furlongs to 1 1/4 miles, won stakes races at 2, 3, and 4
Won: Bashford Manor Stakes, Tilt A Whirl Stakes, Loki Flame Stakes, Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Santa Catalina Stakes, Santa Anita Derby, Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Gulfstream Park Handicap, Islein Handicap, Laurel Handicap Championship
2nd: Belmont Stakes, Dubai World Cup, Breeders' Cup Classic
3rd: Breeders' Cup Classic

Storm A Fortress - Briliancefindsaway x Fusaichi Storm (Fusaichi Pegasus)
*Champion Older Male* - Won stakes races from 4 1/2 furlongs to 1 1/4 miles, won stakes races at 2, 3, and 4
Won: Serena Slew Stakes, Bashford Manor Stakes, Tilt A Whirl Stakes, Loki Flame Stakes, Fountain of Youth Stakes, Haskell Invitational, Gulfstream Park Handicap, Oaklawn Park Handicap, Suburban Handicap,Laurel Handicap Championship, Breeders' Cup Classic
2nd: Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Preakness Stakes
3rd: Kentucky Derby
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Officer, Lost In The Fog and Congaree have all been adjusted to $3000.

I think it's reasonable.

When I get my other stallions back, they will be cheaper then they deserve to be as well.

Horses like Faith Justified, Gothic Dream, Loki Dynasty, Midnight Confession just to name a few. $7500 for them all.

I will not advertise my stallions as aggressively as most people will, so their lower stud fews will hopefully grab some attention.