comming seaosn

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, it's been so long i'm trying to rmember.. do we breed during the racing season or before it starts.. if so whom are u hoping to start off breeding for your first season???
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

If Really A Star is standing i\m planning on sending Thejetsinlove to him if possible..Then i\m hoping to use a couple of the new stallions Em is adding...
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

humm.. i realized the Jetsinlove is now deceased and am looking for bloodlinesthat follow heres..i know the sims busy does anyone happin to rememberher lines???
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

We'll be able to breed our mares once the year officially begins, which, for those who don't own crack stallions, is a good thing. My suggestions for the most productive ways to spend your money:

1) Buy a few good horses when they start appearing on the sales page. If you're not a very competent breeder, I'd recommend sticking to colts who have opportunities to race in richer races and earn some money with which you can begin to acquire fillies.

2) Disregard all the junk that used to be in your stable. We've had two years to remove the sentimental attachments to horses that, at the end of the day, couldn't run. Don't be in a hurry to restock your barn with bottom-feeders, especially since, this time around, you're hopefully a little bit more knowledgable and aren't buying horses simply to have horses. Someone who knows what they're talking about put it best the other night: "A horse no longer has the potential to do something once he has proven he cannot do that thing." Don't go overboard trying to get back your old stable, because if you stop and think about it, there are probably very few horses that you really want back.

3) Thisjetsinlove, if I remember correctly (and I'm not 100% sure, the DB is down but I can check it later) was by Real Quiet. Real Quiet has never set the SIM on fire with his abilities as a stallion and there's no reason to think he will this time around. So ignoring her specifically, if you want a horse with similar lines, the best you'll be able to do is pick out a stallion who is a son of Mr. Prospector or Unbridled, given that Real Quiet was a male-line descendant of Mr. Prospector (Real Quiet-Quiet American-Fappiano-Mr. Prospector), as is Unbridled (as a son of Fappiano). Breed a competent mare to one of these stallions (if you do some research, you can probably pick out a mare from the sale page with lines specifically suited for a cross to one of the stallions, but you'll have to do that research).

Horses that might fit the bill are Empire Maker (by Unbridled), to whom I intend on sending my very good dirt route mare Parade, Fusaichi Pegasus (by Mr. Prospector), who is the sire of the very good Loki Masterpiece, among others, or Eddington (a son of Unbridled). Flower Alley would also fit the bill, he's a son of Distorted Humor, in turn a son of the Mr. Prospector runner Forty Niner.

Anyway, time to kick back and relax for a few weeks while Em goes to South America, no need to be worried about this yet!
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Thank you . that was very helpful..thank goodness for me this new start is giving me a excellent chance to get rid of the"junk"i had.lol and lord know s i had lots of it...Star is my only breeding stallion for the old days and i bred a LOT of mares that were't crossing with him..bred him to dirt mares for the first 2 seasons before realizing he was throwing turfers...His best had been a son of Thejetsinlove(thus the reason i want to look for a couplemares off thise lines to cross with him...Hiopefully this time around i'll have better mares...